Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

merry Christmas. ..to me

35 posts in this topic

Posted

I've been saving up for a few months and finally found the sonex for me and my wife, it's fuel injected, turbo,and dynon with two axis auto pilot .cnt wait to pick it up .it ll make a great addition.been wanting a sonex for a while .anyone have any sonex time to tell me about?

IMG_0561-1.JPG

IMG_0812.JPG

2 people like this

Posted

Sweet, will be nice to have the avid for cruising around low and slow and the sonex for getting someplace fast! 

:bc: 

Posted

What motor?  Turbo VW?

Posted

Sweet, will be nice to have the avid for cruising around low and slow and the sonex for getting someplace fast! 

:bc: 

exactly what I was thinking .we took the avid on a 1000 mile trip through idaho ,Oregon and Washington this year but it would be nice to get back east too  .

What motor?  Turbo VW?

revmaster. So yes vw variant 

Posted

Looks like you held out for the right one. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Must have a pretty good job if saving for a few months got you this!  Just kidding;-)  Enjoy the new plane!  Jim Chuk

Posted

good job I love them Sonex airplanes. Gotta get back to my sonex build next year. I have only been in one twice but both times were fun.

all 335.JPG

all 336.JPG

Posted

good god tjay,are you building three planes at once?

Posted

Must have a pretty good job if saving for a few months got you this!  Just kidding;-)  Enjoy the new plane!  Jim Chuk

I was being facetious

Posted

A kitfox and a sonex! Life couldn't get much better

Posted

My buddy Jim has a Kitfox and an RV-7.  That's a pretty sweet combo, too...

1 person likes this

Posted

RV-7 is one hell of a plane. And no I started the Sonex 5 years ago got it sitting up on the gear Ill get back to that one next year or so. As for you enjoy yours and let us know how that turbo VW is. I saw the factory video when Jeremy did it and wow that was sweet.

Posted

Looks like you held out for the right one. 

I sure hope so ,I have to fly it two thousand miles home....and I cant wait

Posted

RV-7 is one hell of a plane. And no I started the Sonex 5 years ago got it sitting up on the gear Ill get back to that one next year or so. As for you enjoy yours and let us know how that turbo VW is. I saw the factory video when Jeremy did it and wow that was sweet.

ill give a shakedown report for sure .

Posted

Nice looking bird. Congrats!

Posted

What a great combination Mike!  Congratulations on another great looking plane.  I always thought that would be an ideal set of planes to have and have even considered building one one of these days.  Or saving for a couple of months and buying a Titan T51 with the 265hp Honda V6.  Well, maybe 3 months, lol.

2 people like this

Posted

thanks randy ,the t51 was my first choice as well I .couldn't quite swing that one though

Posted

On my way to south Carolina to pick up my plane.should be an adventure for sure .my high time pilot freind is on his way and apparently going to beat me there ,my connecting flight got canceled into charlotte so I will be spending the night in Denver. Oh well should be able.to see my plane tomorrow and get this 2000 mile journey underway . 

Did get to have breakfast at the felts field cafe in Spokane  this morning.cool place

20160121_090348.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

Nice, congrats on being on the way to go get your new baby!

:BC:

Posted (edited)

Too bad a foot or two of snow is going to get in the way going North and West - Just maybe rain, storms and tornadoes South and West - Shitty time to try to get a new bird home!   Hope you have a safe trip back.   We have a frequent flyer on the way back from Europe tomorrow - For once, I hope he is coming direct to Chicago - usually not the best place.   Looks like your best shot at getting home is right over my house, and Mike's house at Jackson, MO - Just find your way to the Mississippi and Missouri Rivers and follow it home - Watch out for tall towers! 

EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

The few times I have been in a sonex the one thing I notice is after a 160mph cruise for 1 hour then on your down wind you have to slow down to 100 to pull flaps on and it seems like it takes forever to get from base to touchdown, But that is the only bad part ha. Enjoy Mr.

Posted

Too bad a foot or two of snow is going to get in the way going North and West - Just maybe rain, storms and tornadoes South and West - Shitty time to try to get a new bird home!   Hope you have a safe trip back.   We have a frequent flyer on the way back from Europe tomorrow - For once, I hope he is coming direct to Chicago - usually not the best place.   Looks like your best shot at getting home is right over my house, and Mike's house at Jackson, MO - Just find your way to the Mississippi and Missouri Rivers and follow it home - Watch out for tall towers! 

EDMO

thanks leni,tj ..I'm figuring that out ed ,my buddy Dan just got shut down in Dallas till sat .I'm sure I'll be the same somewhere ,I rented three rooms tonight and only got to use one .adventure I wanted ,adventure I got 

1 person likes this

Posted

EDMO

thanks leni,tj ..I'm figuring that out ed ,my buddy Dan just got shut down in Dallas till sat .I'm sure I'll be the same somewhere ,I rented three rooms tonight and only got to use one .adventure I wanted ,adventure I got 

Did you ever make it home with that bird. How are you liking it so far.

Posted

I did not .got to fly it but had oil leak .by  fourth Landing with the instructor we had to go full stop cause of oil on exhaust .made me sick cause the plane was beautiful and every thing worked great .loved the panel but it wasn't ready to fly across country .the seller was a really nice guy who didn't know of the leak as the builder had been flying the plane and had just got back from Virginia the night before .so shitty trip. He did write my deposit check for 2000 over to help with the expenses .so still in the market .first time in a sonex and loved it .might be that one still .there supposed to fix it this weekend. I tried to buy a sport acro airframe and then a 3300 of barnstormers but the guy with engine sold it out from under me yesterday .so that deal went to shit.unless you want to sell me your 3300!!. The plane was awesome except for the leak .a couple pics

20160124_122251.jpg

20160124_110751.jpg

4061.jpeg

Posted

I did not .got to fly it but had oil leak .by  fourth Landing with the instructor we had to go full stop cause of oil on exhaust .made me sick cause the plane was beautiful and every thing worked great .loved the panel but it wasn't ready to fly across country .the seller was a really nice guy who didn't know of the leak as the builder had been flying the plane and had just got back from Virginia the night before .so shitty trip. He did write my deposit check for 2000 over to help with the expenses .so still in the market .first time in a sonex and loved it .might be that one still .there supposed to fix it this weekend. I tried to buy a sport acro airframe and then a 3300 of barnstormers but the guy with engine sold it out from under me yesterday .so that deal went to shit.unless you want to sell me your 3300!!. The plane was awesome except for the leak .a couple pics

20160124_122251.jpg

20160124_110751.jpg

4061.jpeg

You could email this guy john12nelson@gmail.com    

This is who I bought my 2200 from he also has a brand new 3300 still in the create for half price, it is a divorce sale great guy to work with, you may tell him i gave you his name if he asks,