Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

merry Christmas. ..to me

35 posts in this topic

Posted

Sucks about the oil leak. I have one hour in the Sonex. I was doing a flight review with the owner/builder. After performing all the private pilot maneuvers flawlessly I asked him what his aviation goals were. He said, "someday maybe it would be fun to get upside down and do a little aerobatics". That's all he had to say. We spent 20 minutes working on aileron rolls. It does them very well! 

Looks like you found a good plane. Any chance you'll still purchase it?

1 person likes this

Posted

I did not .got to fly it but had oil leak .by  fourth Landing with the instructor we had to go full stop cause of oil on exhaust .made me sick cause the plane was beautiful and every thing worked great .loved the panel but it wasn't ready to fly across country .the seller was a really nice guy who didn't know of the leak as the builder had been flying the plane and had just got back from Virginia the night before .so shitty trip. He did write my deposit check for 2000 over to help with the expenses .so still in the market .first time in a sonex and loved it .might be that one still .there supposed to fix it this weekend. I tried to buy a sport acro airframe and then a 3300 of barnstormers but the guy with engine sold it out from under me yesterday .so that deal went to shit.unless you want to sell me your 3300!!. The plane was awesome except for the leak .a couple pics

20160124_122251.jpg

20160124_110751.jpg

4061.jpeg

You could email this guy john12nelson@gmail.com    

This is who I bought my 2200 from he also has a brand new 3300 still in the create for half price, it is a divorce sale great guy to work with, you may tell him i gave you his name if he asks, 

thanks tjay. I'm buying that 3300 and going to be heading to Tennessee at the end of next week to pick up the airframe. John seems like a good guy to deal with.thanks again!!

3 people like this

Posted

It's been a long few months and a tired family but I'm getting close with the sonex .the firewall forward and cowl fit took almost as long as paint but was easier on my lungs . It's modeled after my favorite plane called an sbach 342.the 3300 t Jay turned me on to runs great and hopefully 335xr will fly soon .

20160312_083223.jpg

20160515_131610.jpg

20160606_171359.jpg

20160606_171448.jpg

20160606_174104.jpg

2 people like this

Posted

Wow!  Looks sharp!  Now we want to hear how it flies.   Jim Chuk

Posted

Very nice work, I do enjoy flying in them 3300 powered Sonex  to pan cake breakfast at 160mph, Some day Ill finish up mine so I don't have to ride with others,

Posted

It's a raspy little engine for sure.wondering what most do for inspection ? Pay a dar or wait for the fsdo to come out .dar is around 900 dollars here

Posted

It's a raspy little engine for sure.wondering what most do for inspection ? Pay a dar or wait for the fsdo to come out .dar is around 900 dollars here

I waited on the FSDO for almost 2 months, I got tired of waiting and told them if they didn't get down to inspect it I was going to become an outlaw and fly anyway, their signature and a pink piece of paper truly meant nothing to me as far as being airworthy went.  2 days later the FSDO guy was at my house smiling and giving me a pink slip.

If your anxious to fly it, pay the DAR

:BC:

1 person likes this

Posted

Ok I'll do the dar thing then .in the end I'm of the same opinion as you , just a peice of paper

Posted

Very Nice looking bird ,should be fun

Posted

Very nice!!! :)