Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

new forum software

28 posts in this topic

Posted

Some time in the next few days I will be upgrading the forum software.  I am promised that we wont loose any posts, data, or attachments.  I am also told that all member names, avatars etc. will cut over as well and all account settings should remain the same.  If there are any issues with the members names pic etc. just let me know and I will do the best I can to straighten it out!

:beerchug:

Posted

Is there anything we can do to help, Leni?

Posted

yes there is, cross your fingers and hope like hell I dont loose all the posts and pics up to this point :lol:

There will be alot of shit we can do with the new software.  Scrolling banner that will rotate pics of members planes etc that we can do if you guys want to.  I also know that I dont want to be the only guy to moderate, or make site changes so any volunteers to learn the new software, or if you allready have general knowledge of the invision forums software, drop me a note and i will hook you up.

Posted

The conversion to the new software should be completed tonight or tomorrow morning.  I am told they will not loose any posts or attachments while doing the conversion but if they hose it up somehow... well... dont kill the guy that is trying to make this place better for all of us!  I am sure you will find the new format easier to use, and have more features.  It will take me a little while to get permissions set up etc, but I will get it done ASAP and you should see a seamless transition... I hope...

For those of you that are using a photobucket account, I have unlimited storage on this site so you can just attach pics here if it is any easier for you.

Looking forward to playing with the new software and getting this place running better!

Posted

OK guys, got the site converted to the new software, but I think I am having issues with the attachments.. I am working on that and will see what the deal is and get the bugs worked out! Bear with me as I learn a few new trick to making this work.

Posted

tell me about any issues you are having with the new software, I am working the attachment issue right now... I hope..

Posted

OK guys, got the site converted to the new software, but I think I am having issues with the attachments.. I am working on that and will see what the deal is and get the bugs worked out! Bear with me as I learn a few new trick to making this work.

Still lost, but learning. The confirm thing is a little irritating...

Posted

Still lost, but learning. The confirm thing is a little irritating...

Got to log in every time?

Posted

Got to log in every time?

there should be a little box to click that says remember me or something to that effect... I dont have to keep logging in.

Let me know if you cant find it or if it is not working, I will see what I can do!

Posted

Ok, looks like the deed is done and nothing blew up! :) Not sure what issues you are having with attachments, is it because they are now links rather than thumbnails? If you can set a preference, I did like the thumbnail view personally.

Posted

Oh yeah, and I went to the Chat tab hoping to hook up with some pretty girls and all I got was:

An Error Occurred

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

[#1092] The chat room has not been properly setup by the administrator (the chat room account number has not been supplied).

Posted

Ok, looks like the deed is done and nothing blew up! :) Not sure what issues you are having with attachments, is it because they are now links rather than thumbnails? If you can set a preference, I did like the thumbnail view personally.

yes that is the issue.. on new posts, the pics are showing up as thumbnails as they are suppose to, the old posts, they either show as links or they dont show at all. I can go in thru the control panel and see that everyones pictures are still there, they are just not showing right. I have tech support looking into it ans will see what they can come up with.

Posted

Okay, I thought maybe it was a setting on my work computer, but the same at home, too.

Each time I use my link to the page from somewhere else on the net, I need to log in again. Firefox is set to remember the password and the setting on the log-on page is to "remember me". My logon and password are already populated in the logon page, but I still need to click the log in button.

Hmmmm.

Posted

Okay, I thought maybe it was a setting on my work computer, but the same at home, too.

Each time I use my link to the page from somewhere else on the net, I need to log in again. Firefox is set to remember the password and the setting on the log-on page is to "remember me". My logon and password are already populated in the logon page, but I still need to click the log in button.

Hmmmm.

it may be running off the old cookies.. you may have to clear your cookies and try it again. I can run all over from different computers and it keeps me logged in, using IE and firefox.

Posted

Okay. That did it. :hammerhead:

Posted

Okay. That did it. :hammerhead:

Holy crap, I did something useful... I am gonna mark the calendar :lol:

Posted

Holy crap, I did something useful... I am gonna mark the calendar :lol:

(Had to go through the log in process, again today. :ididntdoit: )

I also had a worm attack stopped by my antivirus while on this site...

Posted

(Had to go through the log in process, again today. :ididntdoit: )

I also had a worm attack stopped by my antivirus while on this site...

Can you tell me the type of worm, and what antivirus caught it? I am running 4 different ones between my laptop and work computers and none have "caught" anything or given any warnings... Not doubting you, but need to know what "worm" it was so I can look it up and see if I can figure out what is going on.

I am thinking that your antivirus, or firewall may be doinking up the cookies.. Another issue I have had with another snowmobile forum... If I just log on from my laptop, I am fine, if I log in from another computer, I have to re-log in on my laptop again. The site remembers and logs your IP addy, so when you log in from another IP, it will hose you up and make you log in again. I will see if there is a software setting that I can help with so it does not do this... I am sure it is in the site security setting some place..

Posted

Still trying to get used to this software. I'm going to have to play with it some more. What's the best way to see the new posts with one click? Most forums have a view new posts or view active topics link. I tried the view new content but not sure if that is working for me or not.

Posted

10/24/09 8:31:55 PM Intrusion.Win.MSSQL.worm.Helkern! Attacker's IP address: 218.204.137.156. Protocol/service: UDP on local port 1434. Time: 10/24/09 8:31:55 PM

Here is the record of the attack, I have Kaspersky installed on this machine at home.

Other than needing to log on again today... :deadhorse:

I'm with Joey, a one click latest posting shortcut would be good. Other than that, :siterocks:

Posted

10/24/09 8:31:55 PM Intrusion.Win.MSSQL.worm.Helkern! Attacker's IP address: 218.204.137.156. Protocol/service: UDP on local port 1434. Time: 10/24/09 8:31:55 PM

Here is the record of the attack, I have Kaspersky installed on this machine at home.

Other than needing to log on again today... :deadhorse:

I'm with Joey, a one click latest posting shortcut would be good. Other than that, :siterocks:

The IP comes back to a China address. I did a google search, and this Fstick seems to be hitting alot of sites. I just went in and changed some security settings so let me know if you get attacked again!

Just under the search bar on my screen, I have a "view new content" icon you can click and it will only bring up the new posts.

Posted (edited)

The IP comes back to a China address. I did a google search, and this Fstick seems to be hitting alot of sites. I just went in and changed some security settings so let me know if you get attacked again!

Just under the search bar on my screen, I have a "view new content" icon you can click and it will only bring up the new posts.

That link has only ever brought the message "No new content" whenever I've checked it.

Then again, I have trouble just logging in... :hammerhead:

*Nevermind. Now it works fine....

Edited by Av8r3400

Posted

The 'new content' link works for me provided, of course, there is new content. But what I want to know is how you posted BEFORE the time of the quote inserted in your post ??? ?!!

Posted

The 'new content' link works for me provided, of course, there is new content. But what I want to know is how you posted BEFORE the time of the quote inserted in your post ??? ?!!

Go into your settings and load your local time...

Posted

Go into your settings and load your local time...

Leni- Actually, I did that the very first time I logged in. Had to re-upload my avatar and tweek my sig too, came through the change-over a bit goofy but looks fine now. No worries, life would be pretty dull if every day went without a surprise. I do seem to be having the same trouble as akBob and Av8r3400 posting with new attachments. I get the Upload Failed error with (max pic size 24 MB) regardless of pic size attempted. Tried changing the picture uploader option (manual or advanced picture uploader) in My Settings but that didn't help. Can't seem to find any other user options to try, maybe a global setting at Admin level? FWIW, I'm using Firefox 3.0.15