Avid went Down in Florida

76 posts in this topic

Posted

Keep an eye out on ebay for an ultralight helmet.  They come up occasionaly.  They do usually have a single plug on the cord instead of the standard GA 2 plug in most headsets.  Maybe can be rewired fairly easy, I don't know.  I have a good helmet from when I was flying ultralights, I do use it on first flights and such.  Jim Chuk

Kinda hijacked the thread but w/respect to helmets seem a retired Mil spec HG or SPH, rewired to work with low impedance might be the way to go. I've been keeping an eye out for those as well.

I'm not much for wearing a helmet - mine has phones and mike in it and have no clue as to what kind - I could make do with just a motorcycle helmet and my handheld radio - seems like there are some MC helmets with phones for listening to radio - mabe talk to driver/passenger?  EDMO

Your referring to the bluetooth comm devices that can be added to helmets.  Are the newer av comms bluetooth capable?

I wouldn't know a blue tooth from a gold tooth, except for the color!   Sorry.  I still carry a wind-up pocket watch - traded my sundial for it!  Ha!  EDMO

There goes Ed, keeping it simple.  Enormous value in that.