Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

ROTAX BING CARB PARTS

18 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Maybe I am a few years late getting a new Spruce catalog, and most of you know this already.  Anyway, I got a new Spruce catalog yesterday and it is thicker than my old one - Just browsing thru it, I spotted some pages with all kinds of Bing Carb parts.  Donno how their prices compare to your sources, but just thought I might let someone know about it.  Saw the Matco tailwheels too.

EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

They still have catalogs???

Mark

Posted

They still have catalogs???

Mark

We oldtimes once called them "Wishbooks", where you turn the pages and find something to wish for!   We are handicapped because we don't remember the name of the "thingy that does something" and don't know how to find it on the puter!  

EDMO

Posted

Ed,

Ok, I thought maybe you still needed it for use in the building out back.... :)

Mark

Posted

Ed,

Mark

That's what the old one is good for - Had to have a replacement for the discontinued Sears & Sawbuck, Monkey Ward catalogs!

EDMO

1 person likes this

Posted

Ed,

Mark

That's what the old one is good for - Had to have a replacement for the discontinued Sears & Sawbuck, Monkey Ward catalogs!

EDMO

Don't use the "old" ones too much. That new soy ink on the new ones is a pain in the @*! :lmao:

Posted

I have a real old Spruce catalog I use to locate what I want. Then I always get sticker shock when I see how much they actually charge me when I do order!

Wow! Threaded rod ends and firewall grommet heat shields are sure expensive! just bought some for the Flat Avid.

1 person likes this

Posted

I have a real old Spruce catalog I use to locate what I want. Then I always get sticker shock when I see how much they actually charge me when I do order!

Wow! Threaded rod ends and firewall grommet heat shields are sure expensive! just bought some for the Flat Avid.

Yes, My experience too!   And, my old Chevy Convertible was under $2500 new!  Pork Chops were 15c a pound, etc...

EDMO

1 person likes this

Posted

Oh fuque, here we go again with another round of old geezer price bichin'...

1 person likes this

Posted

Well, it's going around.  I was just at the gym and two geezers were talking about how much they enjoyed last night's airing of the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson, Ed McMahon and Liz Taylor.  Thought I entered the twilight zone.

To pay homage to the thread, I like Leading Edge Airfoils for Rotax parts.  They've recently redone their on-line catalog and it's not to hard to identify the parts.  They also tend to list o-ring sizes and seals in case one decides the Rotax prices aren't worth it.

http://onlinecatalog.leadingedgeairfoils.com/app.php?RelId=6.4.3.11

Also, they usually have a Hangar Sale going on.  I noticed a lot of Rotax parts discounted somewhat.

http://www.leadingedge-airfoils.com/LEAF_HangarSale_11-14.pdf

Posted

Sweet Let me get in on this, Went to Walmart today, $121 fricken dollars in 3 little bags, WTF is going on in this world. Ahh I feel better,

Posted

Well, it's going around.  I was just at the gym and two geezers were talking about how much they enjoyed last night's airing of the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson, Ed McMahon and Liz Taylor.  Thought I entered the twilight zone.

Ahhh! Watching antenna tv?

I remember when I paid $.08 for each paper I delivered. Now the evening paper sells for $1.75  :rolleyes:

1 person likes this

Posted

statler_waldorf_02_01.thumb.jpg.4b922183

1 person likes this

Posted

Sweet Let me get in on this, Went to Walmart today, $121 fricken dollars in 3 little bags, WTF is going on in this world. Ahh I feel better,

Cut out the middleman, just send $75 straight to China and be done with it! :)

Posted

Tough crowd. :-)

Posted

Age causes that... :o

Posted

image.thumb.jpeg.879f4908e3e1a7c8ec21637

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Lockwood does have better prices for common rotax parts. Also don't forget jbmindustries. Best exhaust gaskets and rubber parts out there! plus they are all made in the USA.

+1 for "I remember when it used to cost $x, now it's $xxx! the world is going to crap!" ~some old geez

+1 for staying on topic

Edited by rdooley79