Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Ride in a Kitfox 4

6 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi guys, well I'm about to leave Gulf Shores Al. in a few days, but a guy who is on the Team Kitfox Site got me a ride In a Kitfox 4.   Dave (from Pennsecola) has a Kitfox 4 XL with a 503.  I'm really impressed on how well that plane performed.  Course being at sea level and temps around 55 didn't hurt, but still and all, that plane performed real well.  We flew for at least 1 1/2 hrs. and crossed some bays that were way to wide to glide across.   My ears were listening to every little noise that engine was making, but it just purred like a kitten.  Indicated speeds ran from about 95 at full throttle straight and level and clear down to about 25 indicated full throttle, full flaps stall..   Power off, no flaps stall was about 45.  Don't know how accurate the ASI was, but the power off stall speed was about what I would expect it to read.  If I can figure how to crop down some video, I'll probably put a vid or 2 up on u tube eventually.  Dave had a go pro camera  in the plane and we put my mini memory stick in it so I got some nice videos.  Flew out of Ferguson Airport ( home of wrong brothers aviation)   Any way, I had a fun day.  Jim Chuk

Posted

Once you go 'Fox ....

Posted

I'm avid about going again. ;-)  Jim Chuk

2 people like this

Posted

Glad you got to fly some!  Sorry I couldn't make it over while you were there - clients were entirely too demanding this month!

Mark

Posted

I think we will spend 3 months here next year.  I did find 4 acres of land for sale on a private strip a few miles from here.  Can't justify it though for 3 months even if afford came into the picture.   Shields airfield about 5 miles W of Ferguson Airport in Pennsecola.   Actually there were two four acre plots for sale there.  About 60 g each.  Jim Chuk

Posted

Well I got a repeat performance in the Kitfox 4 with the 503 today.  Wow!  It really is amazing how well that plane performs on that 52 HP.  I brought my Chinese gopro camera and got a bunch of video but am having trouble getting it to load onto my laptop without distorting.  Think the adaptor isn't compatable with the mini SD card I'm trying to use.  Once I get it sorted out, I'll do a utube video.   Well we flew along the beaches at about 150' just like the Blue Angels were doing the other day.  People waved at us also.  We didn't come back and do any barrel rolls though.  This is a bit of video I put on utube from last year.   We went over some of the same area today plus a bunch more beach flying.  Fun!  JImChuk https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tkgqb8SrWkA

2 people like this