Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Static cling window tint

3 posts in this topic

Posted

I was flying mid afternoon yesterday and with the sun directly overhead coming through the lexan it was blazing hot. I have seen pilots with like 12" square chunks of that static cling window film to stick on windows. Lots of places sell it in bulk for doing household windows but I don't think that stuff would work well to keep peeling it off. Anyone ever seen a pilot supply shop that carried these things?? My sectional unfolded and jammed up in the cross bars works but it's not real pretty and cuts your vis way down  :sharedoobie:

Posted

A friend of mine uses a retractable window shade from Wal-Mart.  A little less ugly than the scrunched sectional (also a popular option...), but functional.

Posted

I didn't think the "static cling" stuff would work for my fox- it's marketed for RVs and such, that have plexi windows.

So... I just stuck it up there- lotsa bubbles ( it was over 100 degrees when I did this in the hangar, in my defense..)

2 years later, when I sold the plane, it was still there- bubbles and all. Bought mine at an autozone.

I was flying mid afternoon yesterday and with the sun directly overhead coming through the lexan it was blazing hot. I have seen pilots with like 12" square chunks of that static cling window film to stick on windows. Lots of places sell it in bulk for doing household windows but I don't think that stuff would work well to keep peeling it off. Anyone ever seen a pilot supply shop that carried these things?? My sectional unfolded and jammed up in the cross bars works but it's not real pretty and cuts your vis way down :sharedoobie: