Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

A Sight For Sore Eyes

10 posts in this topic

Posted

My Jabiru 2200 arrived today, The guy that I got it from said it only has 16 hrs on it, Now after looking in the plug holes I believe him, Should be fun on the kitfox. 

small Jab 004.JPG

Posted

Wow, nice.  Looks like it's rigged up as a pusher configuration.  If you have the pusher muffler, you can reverse the exhaust pipes and they will point rearward .  Make some extentions for those pipes and you can use the pusher muffler.  That's what I did with my Avid as it was a pusher engine also.  What is your serial # ?  Jim Chuk

Jab engine pics 002.jpg

Posted

1641 is the number, Oh and On these engines do you need the muffler or can you you run a 2 into 1 pipe?

Posted

Starting a Jabiru collection I see. Looks like a fun way to go. Now if I could find a cheap one for my Soneria II.

Posted

Yes you can run it with the two into one straight pipes, I switched to the straight pipes on my 3300 and it is only slightly louder than with the muffler.

Posted (edited)

Some guys run straight pipes on them.  I was building a set, but never finished them.  With the muffler located where it is, I was able to build a nice muffler shroud that gave me real good heat in the winter.  The pusher muffler is longer than the tractor muffler as well.   # 1641 should be a good solid lifter engine.  Jim Chuk

Edited by 1avidflyer

Posted (edited)

What do the 22 and 3300s weigh with exhausts?   Do you need the special air channels to cool the heads?

Can you get a redrive for them?   Don't they turn high rpms and use short props?  

What does a new and a used 2200 sell for?

Note:  Not trying to put-down the Jabs - just trying to get more info on them.

EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

I'm not Sure what Props I'm allowed to run with these engines, I've read somewhere along time ago that a guy was running a 2 blade Warp drive, and that was giving him the best results. IMO I would think these engines would run a wood Prop since there a similar design to a VW.

What do the 22 and 3300s weigh with exhausts?   Do you need the special air channels to cool the heads?

Can you get a redrive for them?   Don't they turn high rpms and use short props?  

What does a new and a used 2200 sell for?

Note:  Not trying to put-down the Jabs - just trying to get more info on them.

EDMO

Posted (edited)

I ran a warp drive 2 blade 64" for about 350  hrs on my 2200.  Started out with a Tennessee 2 blade 64".  They both performed about the same although the wood one was almost 1/2 the weight of the warp.  I landed on a lake in some slush while on skis and chipped off a bunch of the trialing edge on the Tennessee prop.  Figured the Warp would be more durable and adjustable besides.  Jim Chuk

PS  I wonder how many times I've been on this site today?  Getting bored here in SC.  Nothing to do.  I need to get home and get back to work on my projects

Edited by 1avidflyer
2 people like this

Posted

Lol Jim you could always run to walmart and get a Puzzle. Thats what my wife and I do when were bored. Start at 5 o'clock and all the sudden it is 10