Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

dont tell me I am the only one that pulls dumb stunts...

8 posts in this topic

Posted

As the subject line indicates.. dont tell me I am the only one that pulls dumb stunts or has close calls... I know someone else has to be pulling dumb dumbs too.

:beerchug:

Posted

"You're the only one that pulls dumb stunts."

The rest of us are all perfect.  :joust:

Posted

"You're the only one that pulls dumb stunts."

The rest of us are all perfect.   :joust:

I'm thinking life would be boring without "adventures and learning opportunities"

Posted

As the subject line indicates.. dont tell me I am the only one that pulls dumb stunts or has close calls... I know someone else has to be pulling dumb dumbs too.

VVERY STUPID ME:

a few sleeps ago i went to check an area for deer sign- stopped the engine and looked about for 15 mins then jumped back in and took off for the next palce .

Ashort while later and maybe 500 ft above the trees the engine started to cut out and stop and after the initial panic I saw id switched the fuel off on the last stop- i usually leave it on.

after what seemed like an eternity of cranking the electric start she roared into life but i was close to landing in the trees

id say that avid header tank had 5 mins in it which in this case was enough.

Id fallen into the old, getting distracted , complacency trap of not ddoing even a quick prestart check

nic

Posted (edited)

VVERY STUPID ME:

a few sleeps ago i went to check an area for deer sign- stopped the engine and looked about for 15 mins then jumped back in and took off for the next palce .

Ashort while later and maybe 500 ft above the trees the engine started to cut out and stop and after the initial panic I saw id switched the fuel off on the last stop- i usually leave it on.

after what seemed like an eternity of cranking the electric start she roared into life but i was close to landing in the trees

Id fallen into the old, getting distracted , complacency trap of not ddoing even a quick prestart check

nic

As a young machinist, serving a 4-year Toolmaker apprenticeship, I had a boss who would never admit to ever making a mistake.

This man was a schoolteacher before becoming a foreman.

The old Journeymen Toolmakers told us that he was probably right: "A man who never does anything cannot make a mistake!"

"The good machinist learns from mistakes - his own and others'!"

I'm learning from Leni, and now you!!!! HA!

ED in MO (too old to remember mistakes!) 108 degrees here this week - promise of 100+ all next week - Fried my brain!

If you are in Celceas, THATS HOT! Guess about 40?

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

VVERY STUPID ME:

nic

Hey Nic,

Your not the only one; See a few posts down on this section I posted "Getting Distracted". Almost the same thing but I hadn't gotten airborn yet.

Posted

As a young machinist, serving a 4-year Toolmaker apprenticeship, I had a boss who would never admit to ever making a mistake.

This man was a schoolteacher before becoming a foreman.

The old Journeymen Toolmakers told us that he was probably right: "A man who never does anything cannot make a mistake!"

"The good machinist learns from mistakes - his own and others'!"

I'm learning from Leni, and now you!!!! HA!

ED in MO (too old to remember mistakes!) 108 degrees here this week - promise of 100+ all next week - Fried my brain!

If you are in Celceas, THATS HOT! Guess about 40?

Nick, If I said the wrong thing here, then I apologize. Hopefully, I have worried more since saying this than you have.

I hope that you and Leni know I was just joking, although it was in bad taste.

I sure dont want to discourage anyone from posting their mistakes, as it could keep someone else out of trouble.

Again, apologies for my bad choice of words. I think the heat was fogging my brain. No, it was not Bud Lite either!

ED in MO

Posted

Ed,

I laughed! Hope Nick don't mind, I know it is just a good poke!

:BC: