Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Nice surprise in my hangar this morning

6 posts in this topic

Posted

I opened up my hangar at 7am this morning to go flying and this thing took off across the floor.  :shock: It's the biggest spider I've ever seen tha was not in a cage. Anybody know what kind it is? I left it alone because I figure he's killing some serious insects.

IMG_5250.jpg

Posted

that will be nice when you are at 500' and it drops into your lap from the crossbars.....

Looks too nasty for me to let it live.  I got a nasty spider bite last year that had me going into the hospital every 4 hrs for an IV for a week straight.  They never could figure out what it was, but I has some friends visiting from the middle east for 10 days so I figured some little nasty had hitched a ride in their luggage...  Now I terminate with extreme prejudice every one I see.

:beerchug:

Posted

I'd be chasin' that thing down with my 12 gage.  :biggun:

No clue what that *WAS* but I'm glad it's dead (or should be).  What Leni said about that beauty dropping in your lap on a short final with squirrelly winds.

Posted

Did some research and it's a wolf spider. They kill crickets and other annoying insects. Their bite is harmless to humans.

Posted

Venom toxicity - the bite of the Wolf Spider is poisonous but not lethal. Although non-aggressive, they bite freely if provoked and should be considered dangerous to humans. The bite may be very painful. First aid and medical attention should be sought as soon as possible, particularly as to children or the elderly. 

Spider Identification - an adult is 1/2 inch to more than 1 inch in body length - mottled gray to brown in color, with a distinct Union Jack impression on its back. The female carries it's young on its back.  Habitat - this spider is a ground dweller, with a burrow retreat. It has a roving nocturnal lifestyle to hunt their prey and can move very rapidly when disturbed. Commonly found around the home, in garden areas with a silk lined burrow, sometimes with a lid or covered by leaf litter or grass woven with silk as a little fence around the rim of the burrow.

Looks like a good candidate for dispatching.... but then again, I now hate all spiders..

:beerchug:

Posted

Squish.  :nobashing: