Avid "C" HH Project For Sale

9 posts in this topic

Posted

I have decided to sell my Avid "C" project which is about 90% complete.  Everything needed to complete is included except circuit breakers and wire.

Must see to believe - REALLY! Not cheap but it is the best you will find for sure!

See ad on Barnstormers

IMG_0328.JPG

Posted

Man I hate to see these situations. $25K will not even come close to buying a flying Avid right now even brand new. While we can all respect what you have into this project it all comes down to the market and numbers. Don't know your circumstances but I think you will be much better off finishing it and enjoying it. Here's a bump in hopes there is the right buyer out there for your project. 

Posted (edited)

Man I hate to see these situations. $25K will not even come close to buying a flying Avid right now even brand new. While we can all respect what you have into this project it all comes down to the market and numbers. Don't know your circumstances but I think you will be much better off finishing it and enjoying it. Here's a bump in hopes there is the right buyer out there for your project. 

If that's a new Jabiru 2200 engine, it should be worth something more than a 582?  EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted (edited)

The Jab is somewhere in between a 582 and 912.  If it's an early one that was plagued with lifter issues and not a true 80 horse it's on par with a 582. Not trying to be a downer but a bare skinned project is not going to bring 25K. 

Edited by C5Engineer

Posted (edited)

The Jab is somewhere in between a 582 and 912.  If it's an early one that was plagued with lifter issues and not a true 80 horse it's on par with a 582. Not trying to be a downer but a bare skinned project is not going to bring 25K. 

Yes,  I know you can buy a finished flyer for a lot less than that.   I think you were correct, that if he can manage it, he has a lot invested in money, time, and labor, and should finish it and reap the rewards of the enjoyment of flying it.   Looks like some electrical work and $2-3K to cover and paint, and he should be flying.  But I don't see a prop - does he have one?   EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Yes, that is a 2 year old (hydraulic lifters) Jab 2200 still pickled.  Engine and Sensenich ground adjustable composite prop alone cost me over $20K.

Plus $8K of instruments!

I would love to have it finished but I do not have the skill nor inclination at this point. 

Know of someone with the time and skill to finish it for me here in central Georgia?

Posted (edited)

Yes, that is a 2 year old (hydraulic lifters) Jab 2200 still pickled.  Engine and Sensenich ground adjustable composite prop alone cost me over $20K.

Plus $8K of instruments!

I would love to have it finished but I do not have the skill nor inclination at this point. 

Know of someone with the time and skill to finish it for me here in central Georgia?

Those parts alone are about $25K more than the low-end $3K spent for those same parts of some of our planes.    EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

I added a much smaller dorsal stringer on my Mk4 and that required some modification to the flaperon counter balance weights for clearance when folding the wings. If I see your pic correctly, it looks like you may run into the same problem?

Posted

I did change the dorsal fin for more lateral control and better aesthetics.....but I have not yet folded the wings.  I better check.

Have to admit I am surprised by the lack of response to this ad so I dropped the price a grand and added a bunch more stuff - like a Lincoln Electric 225 welder, a media blaster, paint booth, work benches and spray gun.  Given that it includes everything except circuit breakers and wire to complete IMG_0120.thumb.JPG.8987309bb1d04c2ce470bI expected much more.

Here is an example of the extent to which I have gone to decrease drag and improve performance.  What you can't see is the fact that the bottom hinge holes are also sealed to disallow flow (i.e. drag) through the flaperon!