Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Great day of Feb flying

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Another amazing day of Feb flying today. Found some freshly dug goose blinds. Can't really imagine laying in a shallow grave for hours while hunting but whatever floats your boat.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

There is nothing you can buy at the store that compares with wild goose, wild turkey or wild ducks, properly shot and cooked.

My favorite is wild mallard duck cut up and boiled in a pot with onions and some cayenne peppers, then boil the gravy until thick and put over cornbread or biscuits, or make some gumbo with it - a meal worth working for, even in a cold pit or blind...Or, a wild turkey roasted in the oven with a white wine basting!

Now, you made me hungry!

EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

One of my sons-in-law is a avid waterfowl and upland bird hunter. 3 or 4 years ago he and his best bud were going to lay out in a picked corn field and wait for the geese. We had about an inch of snow on the ground. I thought them crazy. I "acquired" a couple of XXL white throw-away protective suits no longer used at work. They knocked 'em dead.

Ed - "properly shot"? I thought dead was good enough  ???

1 person likes this

Posted

How does your friend like his Rans?

Posted

One of my sons-in-law is a avid waterfowl and upland bird hunter. 3 or 4 years ago he and his best bud were going to lay out in a picked corn field and wait for the geese. We had about an inch of snow on the ground. I thought them crazy. I "acquired" a couple of XXL white throw-away protective suits no longer used at work. They knocked 'em dead.

Ed - "properly shot"? I thought dead was good enough  ???

Here's a great day of hunting!   EDMO

Scan0242.jpg