Enough already AOPA!!

30 posts in this topic

Posted

image.thumb.jpeg.c78ec802165536ce4946d5fMiddle

Posted

image.thumb.jpeg.f66e30d0f87d16bf045fb43Right

Posted

Hi Lorenz if l understand you correctly you are looking for apps for your iPad . I looked at foreflight and wing x .I ended up going with the wing x and think it is very user friendly and accurate. Hope this helps

Posted

Hey Lorenz,

I have used both Foreflight and WingX Pro...Foreflight seems more clean and intuitive to me, but they are both great products!

if you want to get crazy with iPads, I will be posting something soon in the Magnum section.  I'm building a poor man's glass panel using two iPads, just because...

I'm using an iLevil 2 AW to broadcast flight information to the iPads to include pitch attitude, roll, airspeed, altitude, ads-b in, and all engine data via a GRT-4000 that's data is sent to the iLevil.  I also went ahead and bought a Navworx ADS-B 600 EXP that gives ads-b out capability to meet the 2020 requirements.

Anyway, probably more than you are looking for, but you can get some ideas of the use of the iPad.

The number one problem with iPads is the sunlight washout...I don't have a good solution for that other than flying at night :)

I just flew in a buddy's RV-6 and his iPad was almost unusable with that bubble canopy!

I will have my panel finished in the next week or two, so look in the Magnum section then and I'll be sure to post pics of the different devices.

see ya,

Ron

Posted

That's the info I'm looking for. Be sure to check back and leave me a link to find your thread. 

I notice the iPads work great so long as you can tilt them down instead of up. I use the iPhone 6+ in my trail car.  Pointed down, yet still viewable is the trick.