Yamaha RX1 Engines

304 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Just so you guys know , some of the early rx1 snowmobiles experienced some kind of cracking on the oil tanks because of vibration. It may have been caused by all the bouncing around that a snowmobile goes through which shouldn't be a factor in a plane but I would mount them with some kind of rubber bushings between the tin and the frame. Check out this link.

http://ty4stroke.com/search/682690/?q=cracked+oil+tank&t=post&o=relevance

Ken.........

Edited by givemeaboost
new info

Posted · Report post

I finally got a picture to load to this site. Apparently the app I was trying to use is not photo friendly. I have been posting on the Yamaha site on Facebook but was asked to post here. I bought a 2004 RX-1 with 1200 miles on it. It took my three evenings to pull it out of the sled. I purchased an adapter from Teal which I've installed with a new C gearbox. This week I have been gearing up to build the engine mount. I managed to get the side rails built and installed. Now that I can load pictures to this site I will start sharing my progress. This is not going to be installed on an Avid or Kitfox but I hope you can use the information.

20170326_144645.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted (edited) · Report post

Thanks much Vance!

Posting all that you have on the Facebook site is a big job in itself!  I'll try and put a link to the Facebook group (created and administered by Greg Mills of Mohawk Aero) so anyone here who is interested can join up over there.

That may help so you don't have to double post everything!

https://m.facebook.com/groups/1251356951570824?ref=bookmarks

Brett (aka "Anatoli" as my Facebook alias)

Edited by MN Kitfox 2

Posted · Report post

Those that do not use Facebook would appreciate the info being added here. Thanks