Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Fuel line air bubbles

6 posts in this topic

Posted

Just a quick question to see if anyone has ran into this problem I trailer my Kitfox to airport for flights tanks were fairly low got to airport did my pre flight and noticed had very little amount of fuel coming from gascolator drain when checked let it run then stopped flowing so first thing I did was pull of gascolator to find it super clean next I pulled the line off the selector valve to find little fuel coming from header tank so I blew back into the line heard bubbles in tank then came fuel I am kinda at lose whether it was a air lock or junk in line filter is clean and no junk in gascolator and advice helps thanks 

Posted

Where do you have filters located?

Posted

There is a filter In line before gascolator 

Posted

Okay.  There have been issues with filters between the wing tanks and header tank.  Just a partial blockage or a little water can cause complete flow stoppage.

A filter inline prior to the mechanical pump is a better location.

Posted (edited)

fiberglass fibers can be almost invisible and still block a filter or screen.    EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Ya my filter is after the gascolator before mechanical Pump once I resolved the issue I had no problems flew for a hour without any symptoms