Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Flap handle friction

5 posts in this topic

Posted

When installing the flap handle is says to place a small piece of Leather between the two, Is this still what you guys are doing or did you all find something else, I'm only asking because I don't keep pieces of left over Leather on the shelf. But seem to have everything else around here.

1 person likes this

Posted

Leather does seem to work nice.  Maybe you have an old pair of work boots that are about ready to get pitched, or a wide belt in the same shape.  If not, pm me your address, and I'll send a piece to you.  Jim Chuk

Posted

Leather does seem to work nice.  Maybe you have an old pair of work boots that are about ready to get pitched, or a wide belt in the same shape.  If not, pm me your address, and I'll send a piece to you.  Jim Chuk

Thanks Jim but I ordered a scrap piece off ebay, ha who know you could buy a 8" by 8" piece of fabric, wonder how many years they threw them away before they figured out people buy that stuff. There only a couple bucks. Got a medium/firm density 5mm thick, that should do her.

Posted

Thick felt works too.

Posted

I got mine from fleet farm, the local farm supply chain, in their aircraft department (horse tack). 

Joey knows this chain.  He fell in love with the one in Oshkosh...  Remember?

2 people like this