Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

N844RS at the home field.

6 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi Gang,

Well its been 3 summers and over 1000 hrs. but N844RS made its way to the hanger today.  I have some trim work and a few minor items to finish.  Trailering went smooth.  Happy with Stewarts System products.  Enjoy the pics.

Russ. Avid MK IV HH 582

1162_9f91af6c3cbba9d75c11acbe25a6ddf9753

1164_70b58b129abf2198d01adea587941b1ff63

1166_602e5440da17055aa4849808c0bcedf3199

Posted

sweet!  was this a rebuild or is she gonna being seeing the air for the first time?  Intersted to see how that 74" prop works.. I am toying with going larger diameter on mine.

:beerchug:

Posted

This was not a rebuild, but built from a kit.  I have owned a Cessna 150, and a Cherokee 140, but this is my first home built.  It was fun, but as I said glad it is done.  I will be getting my tailwheel endorsement in Florida this Nov.  First flights of N844RS to be in April 2010.   Thanks for the reply.  Russ.  

1170_d173d1827f76acb198a345423feb2eba868

Posted

First flights of N844RS to be in April 2010.

You better call me, I'm gonna keep the calendar open! I was pretty bummed to miss the 1st flight of my old Mk-IV last weekend.  :(

Posted

Congrats!! Awesome feeling isn't it? Too bad you have to wait so long to be able to fly it. Make sure you fog your engine before you let it sit through the winter unless your going to start it every few weeks.

Posted

you have a hell of alot more patience than me... I didn't wait for the FAA inspector etc.. I got it put together, had my AI buddy come look at it and she was in the air.. actually, I flew it before the AI came and looked at it :lol:  I had been involved in flying and rebuilding others so I was not worried about my work so I figured what the hell, they gonna take away my birthday???? so I loaded her up, headed for he airport and flew up a storm.

NO WAY I could wait months before seeing all that work get into the air!

Do you have any time flying a KF or Avid?

:beerchug: