Kitfox 4 for sale on Barnstormers

10 posts in this topic

Posted

Just saw this on Barnstormers, after you read the add, you will know as much about it as I do.  ;-)  Jim Chuk

$15,000 • AVAILABLE FOR SALE Kitfox IV classic 1200 with many upgrades grove main gear and tail wheel spring. Garmin transponder • Contact Philippe B. Sibille, Owner - located Waller, TX USA • Telephone: 7137758828 . • Posted March 19, 2016 Show all Ads posted by this AdvertiserRecommend This Ad to a FriendEmail AdvertiserSave to WatchlistReport This Ad

Posted

Just saw this on Barnstormers, after you read the add, you will know as much about it as I do.  ;-)  Jim Chuk

$15,000 • AVAILABLE FOR SALE Kitfox IV classic 1200 with many upgrades grove main gear and tail wheel spring. Garmin transponder • Contact Philippe B. Sibille, Owner - located Waller, TX USA • Telephone: 7137758828 . • Posted March 19, 2016 Show all Ads posted by this AdvertiserRecommend This Ad to a FriendEmail AdvertiserSave to WatchlistReport This Ad

Jim didn't you pick up a Kitfox 4 a while back, How much longer till that one is finished and listed forsale

Posted

I saw that this morning.  I've only got two airplanes and I just rented a bigger hangar.  I wonder if it flies?  

Posted

Jim didn't you pick up a Kitfox 4 a while back, How much longer till that one is finished and listed forsale

At the rate I'm going, it will be a while before that plane flys again.  I started covering the wings on my Avid last summer, and just today rolled the fuselage out of the garage.  They are all finish taped, wrapped in plastic,  and ready for spaying when the weather warms. up.  After I got the garage emptied, I pulled the fabric off a wing for the Kitfox 1 I got last fall.   Hopefully I will get cover on it soon and it will be ready for spraying with the Avid stuff when it warms up.  Flew on skis this evening though, so it may be a while.   Jim Chuk

Photo0443.jpg

Photo0444.jpg

Posted

At the rate I'm going, it will be a while before that plane flys again.  I started covering the wings on my Avid last summer, and just today rolled the fuselage out of the garage.  They are all finish taped, wrapped in plastic,  and ready for spaying when the weather warms. up.  After I got the garage emptied, I pulled the fabric off a wing for the Kitfox 1 I got last fall.   Hopefully I will get cover on it soon and it will be ready for spraying with the Avid stuff when it warms up.  Flew on skis this evening though, so it may be a while.   Jim Chuk

Photo0443.jpg

Photo0444.jpg

Looks good Jim, Hey when you fabric like that on the sides how do you install the rear 2 windows? Do you hand sew them in there?

Posted

I'm not putting in the windows.  I've never had them in any of the Avids I've owned and never felt the need for windows there.   I did notice that you hadn't run the fabric up all the way under the turtle deck, and wondered what your plan was.   My Kitfox 1 has the windows, I can take a picture of them later today if I don't forget.  I believe there was a strip of fabric sewn to the window and that fabric was glued to the fabric already there, then cut out the fabric where the window is.   Jim Chuk

Posted

I'm not putting in the windows.  I've never had them in any of the Avids I've owned and never felt the need for windows there.   I did notice that you hadn't run the fabric up all the way under the turtle deck, and wondered what your plan was.   My Kitfox 1 has the windows, I can take a picture of them later today if I don't forget.  I believe there was a strip of fabric sewn to the window and that fabric was glued to the fabric already there, then cut out the fabric where the window is.   Jim Chuk

I have also seen where the windows are sewn to a piece of fabric, I looks like a good option . Was also thinking about framing it out with aluminum  like the new ones are, that also looks good. Just not sure yet, I like the idea of sewing one in because it is almost no weight there but Im not sure how you keep the fabric from fraying on the edges with that method.

Posted

when you do end up getting gas on the side windows, it's a lot easier to drill out a couple rivets and replace than to cut out the fabric and glue in a new one.  I have had to replace mine a couple times due to gas venting and a bit of spillage when filling...

:BC:

1 person likes this

Posted

when you do end up getting gas on the side windows, it's a lot easier to drill out a couple rivets and replace than to cut out the fabric and glue in a new one.  I have had to replace mine a couple times due to gas venting and a bit of spillage when filling...

:BC:

Now that is a good way to look at it.

Posted

I dug out my Kitfox 4 manual, and was going to post up the page there that says how to install the windows.  Myself, I would go with the idea of hold it in the air, let go of it, if it doesn't hit the ground, install it.  Otherwise you are adding more weight: the killer of aircraft performance....  That's just me though, I'm not trying to tell someone else what to do.  Here is the page from the manual.  Jim Chuk

PS  the windows on my Kitfox 1 were sewed onto a piece of fabric and then glued onto the side

Kitfox window 1 001.jpg

kitfox window 2 001.jpg