Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

LOSTMAN STARTED A STAMPEDE!

4 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Kenneth,  I think you may have started a trend in emergency landing on Golf Courses - So far this year, I have seen posts of 3 in 3 months:  A Piper J3, Cessna, and a Mooney, all landing somewhere between the 1st and 18th holes!    Thankfully, no one was killed, and the planes didn't look as bad as the old Pursang did afterward.   Guess a golf course is next best place if you don't have a runway...    EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Glad others have managed to walk away from it as well. By the way Harrison Ford did it about two months after I did as well. You might be right about me starting something, although I wish I hadn't.

It does make me wonder if others have really considered using them before though. When it's in the news maybe these other pilots started thinking about it more carefully.

Posted

Well, that is at least one good that comes from a golf course. Less catching bullfrogs out of the ponds! :P

Not sure I'd want to land a Mooney on one though! :o

Posted (edited)

One of Joey's pals drives a Mooney on the backcountry trips with him and his Avid - Joey says, "He flies it like he stole it"!   I know that the red Mooney is in some of Joey's backcountry photos.   EDMO

Edited by EDMO