Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Censorship on the List...or.. " If I don't understand, I won't let YOU try to.

4 posts in this topic

Posted

Here is a cut-paste of the original post:

----------------------------------

Kitfox-List message posted by: "Flyersteve" <flyersteve@gmail.com>

"Maximum Takeoff Weight"  as it applies to sport pilots is not the same as  "Gross weight" as many of you believe and as others attempt to read into the FAR 1.1 definition.

All I am going to say here on this site  is if you really want to learn and understand this issue, you must read the "bible" on  light-sport/sportpilot rules...., found at the following link.

http://www.aopa.org/whatsnew/regulatory/sport_rule.pdf

If you wish to learn more , in an open and  casual atmosphere, vist this site..., http://www.avidfoxflyers.com/ , look aroud, and feel free to post your comments andor questions.

Or you may keep reading the same old b.s. information on the issue here.

Steve  84KF    http://www.avidfoxflyers.com/

..and flying a Series 5/912UL under sportpilot privilages

Here is a reply/post from the moderator:

At 02:21 PM 5/19/2007, you wrote:

>Or you may keep reading the same old b.s. information on the issue here

All,

As it does not appear any NEW information has come to light,

I'm going to kill this thread right here. The only exception is

definitive evidence of explicit FAA approval for a Sport Pilot to fly

an aircraft previously certificated at a weight over the prima-facie

light sport aircraft weight of 1320/1430 pounds.

Guy Buchanan, Kitfox List Moderator

San Diego, CA

Other than the fact that the moderator is stating the he alone will decide what information the community will be able to read and/or comment on.....,

can someone explain, in plain English, what was just said there?  Definitive evidence??  Certificated??  Prima-face?? (Latin for "at first view.")

And of course there will be no "new" information".  The object is to use the information the FAA has already provided... correctly.

Oh well....   :)' Must be one of those bricks I heard about... (opps...private joke   ;)  )

Posted

hmm.. must be something you said... now you got the new guy in town :biggun: for ya...

you can lead a horse to water.......

Posted

Well that's pretty sad. I can't see a lot of those people putting up with his version of "heavy handed" for too long. All of those that I've met in person seem a lot more intelligent than to buy that. I was of course the new guy there and I know I'll need a lot of help in the future but I find that attitude extremely distasteful. It's my opinion a moderator isn't there for that. Some of us may find that particular discussion extremely relevent. Those that don't aren't forced to participate. I'm disappointed but I guess it's hard to find capable and open minds to do any job. The wrong ones often step up to the plate! Sorry if this sounds like a bash but I for one have no use for Heavy Hands.

Posted

holy crap... I got a feeling you just made the banned list again  :lol:

I am pretty certain you could not get a better plug at an advertising convention ...  :banned2: