Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

WTB: Kitfox IV canopy cover and BRS

10 posts in this topic

Posted

hi all, 

this is is my first post as I just acquired a Kitfox and am super excited to get her off the ground. 

Looking for the following:

1) cabin cover (that can be used when wings folded)

2) BRS system for a Kitfox IV

3) spinner for 2 or 3 blade prop

Thanks in advance,

D

Posted

I have a 1200 lb. BRS system that was mounted on a Kitfox 4.  You can call me at 218-254-2404   Jim Chuk

Photo0694.jpg

Posted (edited)

1. All of the covers currently on the market are only for when the wings are open.  If you want something for when folded, this will need to be something custom done for you. 

2. Is the plane a flying plane now?  If so retrofitting a BRS system will be a very big project requiring fabric work.  If you are building the plane this will make things easier, but not easy.  For a model 4 the chute fires out the belly of the plane with the lanyards wrapping around the side. 

3.  What type of engine/prop do you currently have?  What type of spinner are you looking for?  Aluminum, fiberglass, "skull cap", etc?

Edited by Av8r3400

Posted

The plane my BRS was removed from was set up to fire downward.  A strip of fabric was laid over the strap coming from the chute and up the side of the plane and the strap ran up under the turtle deck and painted to match.  Especially if the original fabric was poly fiber system, I don't think it would be all that hard to do.   If you look close at this picture, just a bit in front of the jury strut, you can see where the strap goes up the side of the plane.  I have the instructions from BRS for the installation.  That being said, I really don't see why the chute couldn't be mounted so as to fire out the top of the plane as well.  A break away trap door in the turtle deck of some sort would most likely work fine.  Jim Chuk

Photo0586.jpg

Posted

Doesn't seem real difficult to me.  Granted, I didn't do it myself, but wouldn't be afraid to.  Jim Chuk

BRS instructions 001.jpg

Posted (edited)

Hey guys, thanks for all the info. I purchased a completed plane and I'm interested in the BRS. Will give you a call Monday.

with regards to the prop, it came with 2 (a 3 blade and a 2 blade powerfin ). I want a standard  fiberglass or carbon spinner.

with regards to the cover, I called Bruce covers and they can make one to work when the wings are folded back.

talk to you soon,

dan

Edited by Dmatlosz

Posted

Dan,  When you get the cover, it would be great if you could post photos of it on the plane and price too.    EDMO

Posted

will do

Posted

Got the cover from Bruce but haven't been able to put it on... Hope to do it this weekend. 

Sidenote: has anyone used a galaxy GRS chute before? I have heard good things but wanted to see how you guys felt about them. 

All the best,

D

Posted

I'd like to see this installed with wings back also. Would be great if it could cover the open deck and stand up to trailering backwards. Maybe with some strategic bracing...