Followers 0

TVR flooded

7 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Couple pics from last week's flood. We received 10" of rain in 5 days. :blink:

20160415_155806_zpsihfrrgde.jpg

There is a runway out here somewhere.

20160415_160215_zpsftknf5cw.jpg

And if you are on facebook, there are more at TVR's page. Complete with a carp navigating across the ramp! :o

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1240018819359898&id=148725041822620

Edited by Fly-n-Low
forgot to add the link

Posted

Yuck - hope it dries up quickly.  I've had to abort a landing because a sailboat was crossing the final approach path, but a runway incursion by a carp is a new one!

Mark

1 person likes this

Posted

They had 17" of rain around the Houston, Texas area.   EDMO

Posted

I saw that, Ed. What made is so bad here is it has been raining and raining and none of the canals or rivers have gone down. So a 10" rain may as well be 15-20. This is at least the second time this spring it has gone under.

Posted (edited)

I grew up in between Lousyanna, Mizry, and Michigan.  Was in "Swamp-east" Missouri Bootheel for the 1947 and 1957 floods - Swore then to move to the hills and never buy a house in floodplain.  I have always kept that promise.  I think now I am at 360 or 460 msl - cant remember which, but Mississippi River will never get that high, so no worries!   

I had to move my plane from Washington, Missouri Airport, in the Missouri River bottoms about 1980 because of high water, but watched the 1993 floods here on TV from top of a hill in Anchorage, Alaska.  I wont live where you have to shoot snakes and gators when the water comes up!   I think about 1958, I was headed to Galveston, Texas after they had a big storm (hurricane?), and the rattlesnakes looked like cow-pies all along the highway.  I turned around and came back to Missouri without going all the way.    EDMO

Edited by EDMO
1 person likes this

Posted

:) We eat gators and snakes here.

Posted

Gator is good, snake, not so much.