Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Warm Noses

9 posts in this topic

Posted

Not sure if anyone is interested but Jack and I had some cowl covers made by Bruce's Aircraft covers and they really did a nice job.  They sent us two test fit covers to be sure they got it right and also added some extra Velcro tabs to hold the bottom flaps open that we wanted to preheat through the bottom of the cowl.  Very nice quality and well made. Now if Alaska ever gets a winter again maybe we can use them.

DSCN1645-1.jpg

DSCN1652-1.jpg

4 people like this

Posted

Are those large squared rear windows in Jack's plane?  Wondering how they were made...

Yours looks like it has bigger Cahoonas!    ED

Posted

Are those large squared rear windows in Jack's plane?  Wondering how they were made...

No way, super avid stands taller that means his has the big Cahoohas.

Posted

I think that is what I meant when I said "Yours......", since SuberAvid was the one who posted the photos...   EDMO

Posted

I think that is what I meant when I said "Yours......", since SuberAvid was the one who posted the photos...   EDMO

ah gotcha, its been a long day here and I cant read

Posted

Ed,

When Steve Winder at the old Avid in Idaho built my fuselage, I had him add a vertical piece between the tubes at the rear edge of where the new window.ends and a few tabs on the upper tube and on the lower one. This gave me mounting points. Then I fashioned a trim piece to finish off the window. I was looking for something like the window on a Citabria. The turtle deck cover limits the height of the window, but overall I do like having the larger opening to look out of.

Jack

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the info Jack - The larger windows look like a good improvement - wish I had thought of that when welding my fuselage.   If you had the full Lexan turtledeck, you would really have a large picture window back there!   EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

That's for sure. On a sunny day you might get pretty warm though.lol.

Posted

That's for sure. On a sunny day you might get pretty warm though.lol.

I like the light bronze Lexan for my windows, doors and turtledeck, and the dark bronze for the skylight.  There are two shades of the dark, and I use the lighter shade that lets a little more light and visibility thru.   I forget what the numbers are for the light blockage - one is like 87%.    EDMO