Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Northwest Airlines flight deck

8 posts in this topic

Posted

Northwest.jpg

Posted

Northwest.jpg

wish I had a few of those features in the cockpit of the avid!

:beerchug:

Posted

wish I had a few of those features in the cockpit of the avid!

I believe my whole airplane would fit in the cockpit of this thing,wow.

Posted

I believe my whole airplane would fit in the cockpit of this thing,wow.

That's nothing you should see the flight deck of the C-5 Galaxy.

Posted

I rode in one out to Johnston Atol... BIG SUMBITCH! My house in hawaii overlooked Hickam AFB. My living room window was even with the approach path going into H AFB. I could sit there for hours watching the different planes coming and going.. but I needed a bigger picture window for the C5!

Posted

First post on the forum, but will keep with this theme....

That's nothing, you should see the flight deck of the Antonov 124 that I was in last week :)

I would post the pictures if only I could shrink them to fit (not to mention not pissing the Ukrainians off by posting them on a forum)! If anyone wants a selection of them, just mail me at jezzbaldwin@hotmail.com and I will mail them to you.

Posted

Cool, Jezz. How did you find yourself in an Antonov 124? I think that story needs a little more filling out...

If you use the simple program "Paint" in your computer, this will allow easy resizing...

(Thanks for subscribing to my YouTube, too.)

Posted

Cool, Jezz. How did you find yourself in an Antonov 124? I think that story needs a little more filling out...

If you use the simple program "Paint" in your computer, this will allow easy resizing...

(Thanks for subscribing to my YouTube, too.)

OK, filling it out - I am (amongst other roles) a ramp inspector for the Latvian Aviation Authority. Of course, I can't say if the Antonov just drew the short straw, or if there was a little bias in it being selected for inspection ... but on balance, a very professionally run outfit more or less completely compliant with ICAO requirements. The crew were really hospitable and patient (I wouldn't be surprised if they have a tenancy to get ramp checked everywhere they go).

The Antonov 124 itself does not have a much bigger footprint than a 747 although the flight deck has a crew of something like 6 to 8 (my Russian isn't up to how the skipper was explaining what his crew do and where they sit so I lost a bit of detail on who sits where), and I have a feeling the hold volume is quite a bit more than the 747. Behind the flight deck there are crew rest cubicles (2 bench seat/beds, table and 3rd fold-down bunk in each cubicle), galley, toilet etc and behind all that an open avionics area (I didn't delve too deeply, I was WAY out of my depth when they took me in there). There is a 2nd "upstairs" bit, aft of the wing - didn't go up there as was already long past having finished my job :(

As for the pics. I really don't know how happy the Ukrainians or the skipper who's flight it was would be (not to mention my CAA) of me posting inspection photos on a publicly accessible forum, but if anyone would really like them I am sure I can send one or two non specific ones privately. Just use my mail above if interested.

Jezz