Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Airplane Orienation

9 posts in this topic

Posted

A good trainer knows that there is a period of time when you have to get the animal used to it's surroundings.  It is a certainly a requirement for any good flight testing regiment.  I got a chance to get Jack's plane's orientation training started to get it used to it's native environment the other day.  I think it likes it.

DSCN1676-1.jpg

DSCN1678-1.jpg

DSCN1680-1.jpg

DSCN1683-1.jpg

DSCN1685-1.jpg

DSCN1687-1.jpg

DSCN1689-1.jpg

DSCN1690-1.jpg

DSCN1691-1.jpg

DSCN1693-1.jpg

DSCN1695-1.jpg

DSCN1698-1.jpg

DSCN1701-1.jpg

DSCN1715-1.jpg

DSCN1718-1.jpg

DSCN1719-1.jpg

DSCN1721-1.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

Great shots Randy, Thanks for making the introduction. 9KB did look like she was in her element.

Jack

1 person likes this

Posted

You sure do take nice pictures.  What kind of camera do you use?  Jim Chuk

Posted (edited)

Great shots Randy - What engine does Jack have in that yellow bird?  If it is a 670, then how does it compare to 582?EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Jim, I'm just using a Nikon Coolpix S6500. It is a few years old now so probably not the latest model but it is nice and small so I keep it in my pack all the time for flying and hunting.  It is easy to use 1 handed so works well in the plane and takes pretty decent pictures for my use anyway.

Ed,  Jacks plane has a Stratus Subaru in it also.  Makes it nice for us to compare planes and with only a few differences we (or I) have been able to swap off some of Jack parts to mine to test them. Jack even air serviced one of his flaperon cables to me out at Rainy Pass Lodge when mine broke in the wind/rain/snow storm I was waiting out there for a couple of days.  I had Jack's wing covers on and the pounding wind would push the flaperons up but the wing covers would not let them return, so it finally ratcheted them to the point that one of threaded ends snapped.  Nice to have friends like Jack (and Leni) around!

2 people like this

Posted

Great shots!  Time to get Jack out and about too!  It is pretty darn nice to have a sister ship to rob parts off of if needed in the bush and its even better when the guys know your getting the parts and let you do it!  hahahaha.  Hope to see you in the air soon, the Kings will be running!  Thinking about strapping the Kayak under the plane as well to explore some other lake fishing opportunities.

:BC:

Posted

Jim, I'm just using a Nikon Coolpix S6500. It is a few years old now so probably not the latest model but it is nice and small so I keep it in my pack all the time for flying and hunting.  It is easy to use 1 handed so works well in the plane and takes pretty decent pictures for my use anyway.

Ed,  Jacks plane has a Stratus Subaru in it also.  Makes it nice for us to compare planes and with only a few differences we (or I) have been able to swap off some of Jack parts to mine to test them. Jack even air serviced one of his flaperon cables to me out at Rainy Pass Lodge when mine broke in the wind/rain/snow storm I was waiting out there for a couple of days.  I had Jack's wing covers on and the pounding wind would push the flaperons up but the wing covers would not let them return, so it finally ratcheted them to the point that one of threaded ends snapped.  Nice to have friends like Jack (and Leni) around!

Randy/Jack,

Exactly what model is Jack's plane?  Glad there's another Soob in the air.  Looks great, and I really like that cowl.

Are those Whirlwind blades or what? 

EDMO

Posted

Ed,

My plane is an Avid plus, The cowling is a standard cowl from the 'old' Avid out of Caldwell, ID. I think it looks a bit different because of the larger side window.

Jack

1 person likes this

Posted

Great shots!  Time to get Jack out and about too!  It is pretty darn nice to have a sister ship to rob parts off of if needed in the bush and its even better when the guys know your getting the parts and let you do it!  hahahaha.  Hope to see you in the air soon, the Kings will be running!  Thinking about strapping the Kayak under the plane as well to explore some other lake fishing opportunities.

:BC:

Hey Leni, that sounds good.  I don't have a kayak but could put my fishing pontoon boat in... Got to have a place to land on wheels though.

1 person likes this