Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Oshkosh 2016

22 posts in this topic

Posted

I have not seen a thread yet for Osh 2016. Yes there is a reason I am starting this thread. Providing nothing changes an Idaho redneck may show up on the Ultralight field on Monday. More to follow. Are their plans for a Flaperon gathering??

1 person likes this

Posted

I'll be there for the 39th time, with the Mong, or the Easy Raider.

youall do know the Martin Mars ,Rutans seaplane will be at the seaplane base!!! 

1 person likes this

Posted

Flapperon party at my house. Friday from 4-6 then ultralight field for STOL show. 

Posted

Ill be there monday thru wednesday this year

Posted

Booked my airline tickets and show tickets today. I arrive at 9am on Monday and will be camped on the ultralight field. 

Posted

That would be fun if I had a kitfox to fly, Hell I would probably chicken out, wouldn't have a clue how to fly in there, Ha probably have to do a dry run with Larry first.

Posted (edited)

That would be fun if I had a kitfox to fly, Hell I would probably chicken out, wouldn't have a clue how to fly in there, Ha probably have to do a dry run with Larry first.

More than one other plane in the pattern is too crowded for me - I have listened to the ATC tapes and would not dare fly into that mess even with a VERY experienced pilot, and Damn Good Insurance, and the plane was blessed by the Pope first!   :lol:   EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

More than one other plane in the pattern is too crowded for me - I have listened to the ATC tapes and would not dare fly into that mess even with a VERY experienced pilot, and Damn Good Insurance, and the plane was blessed by the Pope first!   :lol:   EDMO

It's extremely well organized and easy to fly into the main field.  Follow the leader and land on your assigned dot.  Piece of cake.

The ultralight field is harder to fly the pattern, no radio needed, but a short, blind strip to land on. 

Posted (edited)

I'm thinking of flying into the UL field on Saturday and plan to stay at Camp 75 once again.  Probably will depart mid-week.

Edited by Av8r_Sed

Posted

Make sure youal,make it over to the Seaplane base to watch a Mariner Mars eat a Micro Mong seaplane for lunch!!!!:o

2 people like this

Posted

I'm going.  I'll be dragging my camper.  This will be my first time.  I need to get a bunch of parts to put mine back together.  I plan on spending money like a drunken sailor.

Posted (edited)

There are a LOT of vendors and plenty of stuff you never knew you needed! Save some powder for last day bargains, vendors would rather sell at a bigger discount than pack it up and schlep it all back home. Some good show prices, some crap. Gotta do your homework. Cross reference your Parts Lists or Pull Sheets and prepare a comprehensive, written hardware list. You can always score great bulk hardware deals in the Fly Mart.

[edit] 

Hey Snaps, what's a mariner mars? :handjob:

Edited by dholly

Posted

Doug,  Here is a clip from SA on the Mariner.  EDMO

Scan0305.jpg

Posted

Ed - I was just breaking his melons, it's called a MARTIN MARS. Nothing to do with Mariners or marinating, although rumor has it there is plenty of the later going on at the SPB most evenings. Not that I would know anything about that first hand... :BC:

1 person likes this

Posted

I am getting pretty excited looking at all the big headliners for the show this year. Planning on attending workshops for Composites and Rotax at a minimum. It's almost overwhelming trying to come up with an itinerary. Here is the schedule for the STOL boys show off sessions.

Tuesday, July 26         7:45-8:30 p.m             Valdez STOL Demo

Thursday, July 28       11 a.m.-Noon              Valdez STOL Demo

Friday, July 29            7:30-8:30 p.m              Valdez STOL Demo

Saturday, July 30        11 a.m.-Noon              Valdez STOL Demo

1 person likes this

Posted

Ed - I was just breaking his melons, it's called a MARTIN MARS. Nothing to do with Mariners or marinating, although rumor has it there is plenty of the later going on at the SPB most evenings. Not that I would know anything about that first hand... :BC:

What evening are we going to go over and say hi to SNAPS?

Posted

Sure wish I could make it this year. I have my kids for the second half of their summer break. There is no way I can get them from Utah to Oshkosh without one of them killing the other one. Besides they would be bored after about two hours, "can we go home yet", would be the main sentence they would use. 

Have a great time everyone, maybe next year. 

Posted

Joey - in case you missed it, the App Store has an EAA AirVenture app that is indispensable for planning your time there. It shows all the week's events, including forums and workshops, which you can pick and choose to save into a personalized itinerary. I only see the 2015 app right now so I assume 2016 will become available for download soon. Very bummed not to see Lt. Dan Band in the lineup this year, their website shows a very limited events schedule for 2016. :(

Maybe I'll run over to the SPB Watermelon Social with you, Snaps always cuts the melons with his friggin' machete. Rumor has it he even cut off a toe or two one year.  :beerchug:

Posted (edited)

I loaded the 2015 app and even though it's titled "2015", it has the 2016 schedule.  Used it the last couple of years and it's a definite asset. 

Edited by Kahle76
1 person likes this

Posted

Good to know I been waiting for 16 version to come out. 

Posted

I loaded the 2015 app and even though it's titled "2015", it has the 2016 schedule.  Used it the last couple of years and it's a definite asset. 

Thanks for the heads up. I had the app still on my phone from last year and it showed last year's info and would not update the 2016 info. I had to delete and reinstall the app, allowing for all notifications etc. After that, even though the 'new' app download is still titled EAA AirVenture 2015, the app now shows the current 2016 info. Time to start planning!

Posted

For those unaware, the current taxiway reconstruction project will eliminate 130 aircraft slots in the North 40 camping area this year. There is some new overflow in the north but, for the most part, aircraft will be sent to the newly expanded South 40 camping area. LINK HERE

Basically, EAA is doubling the parking/camping area from the prior few year's South 40 expansion which, if you were parked there in the last few years, was SORELY lacking in necessities. Ie., there were only a few water buffaloes, not enough PortaPotties, only one shower trailer with less than a dozen stalls for 110 rows of aircraft (w/ ~10 planes per row) and -zero- WiFi coverage. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!

I sure hope the logistics team gets their act together this year for that parking/camping area. According to the new grounds map, it does look like they may have added a new WiFi Hotspot by the UltraLight field this year. Certainly that will be much appreciated. LINK HERE

I expect to see a notable increase of foot and tram traffic by my campsite this year as it is between the South 40 and main grounds. Better hide the beer cooler. :P