Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

ALBERTA FIRES

4 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Anyone getting a Close Call with the Alberta fires?   We get a few seconds about the Fort McMurray disaster, between 25 minutes of Politics, and 34 minutes of Commercials.   I finally saw an Alberta map yesterday and see that there are about 10 or 12 fires burning, some toward BC and Yukon Territory.   How is everything at  Dawson Creek, 100 mile House, and Fireside - Watson Lake area?   Anything going on at Whitehorse?

EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Crazy start to the fire season,there saying the only thing that can put out the Fort Mac fire is alot of rain ,last I hear a few days ago was 1600 buildings destroyed,probably alot more by now, all the fires seem to be north of 100 Mile so far

Posted

No fires around Whitehorse at this time. Really early spring and not much moisture. Definitely a risky situation.

Posted (edited)

News reports that the smoke from the Canada fires is being smelled down here - Guess on east coast?  Our winds are coming up from Gulf of Mexico, and May is our biggest storm and tornado month.  At least we haven't heard of deaths up there - buildings can be rebuilt again.   We know what that means:  My wife lost a brother when her parents' house burned, and I lost both my house and the one I was raised in because of fires.  EDMO

Edited by EDMO