Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

silicone removals?

9 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey! I'm working on painting my Kitfox, replacing lexan, there's lots of old silicone used to glue the old plastic in, Ill need to reuse some of the old aluminum parts. Any one have a good way to remove silicone from metal, to continue with a printable surface? Products used? What works? Is there something that dissolves silicone? Thanks!

Posted

sharp plastic scraper, it takes hours, I Hate Silicone,

Posted

McKanica Silicone Caulk Remover Gel - $10/tube at Ace Hardware

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

The turkey who sealed the aluminum to my Kitfox doors used about 5 pounds of something that looks like 9460, but doesn't melt - Since the frames are steel, I put a big torch on it to bake it, and then just pried chunks of it off.  What a dipstick!   EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Silicone Removal!!!  Oh my!  I'm reminded of an ex g/f years ago.  She wanted her silicone implants removed - worried they were were leaking.  Fortunately her surgeon she returned to was of more precise skills than say someone like EDMO. Anyways, she instructed the nurse to retain them for her; why? was asked; well her dear ex-husband had paid for those and she never forgot him telling her; "if you leave me, you owe me $10k" - what they cost him.  So, I scrounged up a nice lil wooden cigar box (would you believe those things weighed 2.5 lbs?) and we gift wrapped them and sent to him at what happened to be Christmas time.  The best part was that his current wife opened the box. True story.  :BC:

6 people like this

Posted

Now that is some funny shit!

2 people like this

Posted

Thanks dholly!

1 person likes this

Posted

And thanks Al keeping us on topic.  :rolleyes:

1 person likes this

Posted

Silicone Removal!!!  Oh my!  I'm reminded of an ex g/f years ago.  She wanted her silicone implants removed - worried they were were leaking.  Fortunately her surgeon she returned to was of more precise skills than say someone like EDMO. Anyways, she instructed the nurse to retain them for her; why? was asked; well her dear ex-husband had paid for those and she never forgot him telling her; "if you leave me, you owe me $10k" - what they cost him.  So, I scrounged up a nice lil wooden cigar box (would you believe those things weighed 2.5 lbs?) and we gift wrapped them and sent to him at what happened to be Christmas time.  The best part was that his current wife opened the box. True story.  :BC:

Probably got divorced again when he asked the current if she'd get them 'installed'.....

2 people like this