Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

For Sale: New unstarted KF3 and/or KF4-1050 kit

57 posts in this topic

Posted

I want to stop by to verify some fuselage measurements on the IV.

No prob, call me with a date/time.

Posted

@Joey -

I'll have to add up all the invoices I have on my kits, was somewhere in the mid 20's I think.

$17,961.90 = original invoice cost for Kitfox III Kit (includes Kits 1-5, plus a bunch of options which I will detail later)

$  6,331.43 = original invoice cost for KF-III to KF-IV Upgrade Kit

_________

$24,293.33 = Total cost of both kits

Posted

---UPDATE---

Quite a job but I scanned 100+ pages related to these kits into pdf files to post here. Hopefully that will provide the details potential buyers have been asking for, as well as a resource for kit and part numbers for everyone else.

First up is the original invoice for Kitfox III, s/n 1017 showing Primary Kits 1-5 plus any additional Optional Items ordered.

I follow this up with the individual Parts List breakdown for each Primary and Optional Kit.

(Key: Green Dot on Parts Lists means I inventoried the item as present. Green Dash means item is missing. A few items with neither Dot nor Dash but noted as Shipped by Denney/Skystar have yet to be physically inventoried or, in the case of hardware, was used to put the fuselage on it's gear.)

KF 1017 - Original Invoice.pdf

Posted

I've had questions on the engine and its condition. S/N is 3971311. Like both kits, it was purchased new and never used. It is in excellent condition having spent its entire life in a heated hangar. Absolutely no sign of rust in the cylinders as the pics show. There is (1) mandatory Service Bulletin noted on the Rotax-Owner.com lookup, checking for broken exhaust springs.

021.JPG

020.JPG

022.JPG

023.JPG

Posted

Pics of some of the options included (large components contained in certain optional kits not pictured due to size):

Cabin Heater Kit

008_(3).thumb.JPG.f19c3f92e386f295ce2282

Whelen Strobe/Nav Lights Kit

011_(3).thumb.JPG.687e3abcad0c1321739cbd

Oil Injection Kit

007_(3).thumb.JPG.6eb53e8fca8fb26b487523

Optional 13.5 Gal. Auxiliary Right Wing Tank Kit (K1135)
-Tank Not Shown-

001_(2).thumb.JPG.530ffdcfe16f20e92dba05

Optional 13.5 Gal. Auxiliary Left Wing Tank Kit (K1156)
-Tank Not Shown-

002_(2).thumb.JPG.314c1695ca979feae35e63

Model 4 Retrofit Control System (19065) to Model 3 Aircraft Serial #'s Less Than 1400

012_(2).thumb.JPG.14be9b264e2303d9150ff1

Model 4 Wing Retrofit Kit (29013) To Model 3 & Model 2 Aircraft Serial #'s Less Than 1400

013_(2).thumb.JPG.ce3dec709ff369ce1d67d3

Dual Brake Option

003_(3).thumb.JPG.fdfb954e542e8085acc835

Misc. Optional Items

017_(2).thumb.JPG.b7d38eb9b7582a8ed94be5

...and LOTS more!

Posted (edited)

Doug, those $$$ wing lights with strobes and tail lights are exactly what I was saying you need for your bird for night legal.   EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

I see in the pics of the fuel tank kit you have the same shut off valves that I am using, I took mine apart and ran a reamer through them since they only have a 1/8" hole in them, I opened them up to a 1/4" anybody else use these shut off valves, do they work good,

Posted

Just a heads up, the kits are now sorted out and listed on Barnstormers.

Posted

Doug, did you ever settle on a price for it all? I see you didn't post one on the Barnstormer ad either. Good luck with the sale. I would have loved to buy a kit from you, but I'm still trying to sell the Sonerai. Instead I keep buying stuff for the build.

Posted (edited)

Kenneth,

Yep, I saw your eBay listing. I was going to post my kits there too until I noticed they have gone to 10% + other fees. Been a while since I sold anything there but it sure as heck wasn't that expensive back then.

Actually, I didn't want to put one price for the lot on BS because I thought some folks might think both kits had to sell together. Instead, I put separate descriptions and prices in the Spec/Inventory pages. The end of the ad said "Please read detailed Spec/Inventory pages.". Maybe that wasn't such a good idea in hindsight, too easy to miss?

And, yes I am flexible on price and yes I will reconfigure to provide a 'complete' vs. 'upgrade' Model 4 Kit. Phone # is in the ad if anyone wants to discuss.

[edit] Well I had a few other calls asking about price so, for whatever reason, folks just weren't seeing or opening the Spec or Inventory Pages. I went back and changed the ad to read: For details/price click Spec/Inventory pg. Hopefully that will stand out a bit better.

Edited by dholly

Posted

Doug, I don't know where you saw the 10% on ebay fees. For aircraft it's a flat listing fee unless it sells. If it was 10% I missed that all together. Which is highly possible. Basically it cost me $20 to post it up because I had a buy it now and a reserve on the listing. It didn't even get close to what I needed to break even so I'm back to building again. I've realized I probably can't afford to ever get this plane certificated though. The DAR fees here in New Jersey are crazy and who knows how long it would take for the FSDO to send someone out. Still that is all a long ways down the road.

Good luck selling the kit(s) and pieces. Wish I could actually give you a reasonable offer for a complete set. I already have two airplanes in the house and we know we'll be moving again in two years or less. 

Posted

Now I need to revisit this eBay fee thing. I just Googled fees for a eBay Motors auction style listing and it showed a max 'Successful Listing Fee' of $125. When I started a listing and selected Experimental Aircraft > Kit it used 10% with a max of $750, which looks like standard category listing fees. Huge difference, think I'll try again in Motor Vehicles. Thanks for the heads up!

1 person likes this

Posted

Just a 'heads up'...

My local buyer is dragging his feet so I put the B.S. ad back up yesterday.
For a quick sale before AirVenture I HAVE REDUCED THE PRICE BY $1000.
I will still deliver to OSH during AirVenture for no charge, a HUGE convenience and cost savings for buyers from the western states.

Thanks, here's the original ad:

DENNY AEROCRAFT KITFOX MODEL III KIT FOR SALE • $9,500 • >>> REDUCED, NOW $8,500!

BRAND NEW WITH ENGINE PLUS TONS OF FACTORY OPTIONS • Rare opportunity! This aircraft kit is 99.99% complete, unmolested and un-started, exactly as received from the factory. Kit and engine have been stored in a heated hangar since new. Clean, corrosion free, excellent condition. The original invoice cost of this 1992 Kitfox III Kit with Optional Equipment = $17,961.90. • That’s $30,631.38 in today’s dollars! •

Includes all Primary Factory Kits: 1.) s/n #1017 Fuselage Kit; 2.) Wing Kit; 3.) Landing Gear Kit; 4.) Engine Kit w/ New Rotax 582LC s/n 3971311 and 3:1 ‘C’ Gearbox; 5.) Cover & Finish Kit

Also includes the Following Optional Factory Equipment: 1.) Powder Coating – White; 2.) Full Instrument Panel Kit #K1103; 3.) Optional Auxiliary Right Wing Tank Kit #K1135; 4.) Optional Auxiliary Left Wing Tank Kit #K1156; 5.) Model III Speed Fairing Kit #K1027; 6.) Dual Brake Option Kit #1190; 7.) Cabin Heater Kit #K1009; 8.) Left Under Seat Baggage Compartment Kit #K1131; 8.) Right Under Seat Baggage Compartment Kit #K1132; 10.) Left Behind Seat Baggage Compartment Kit #K1133; 11.) Right Behind Seat Baggage Compartment Kit #K1134; 12.) Optional Whelen Strobe/Nav Light System; 13.) 3 Antenna Plate Mount Weldments; 14.) Tachometer - 582 Engine; 15.) Baggage Sack; 16.) Flat Shield; 17.) Gascolator w/ Mounting Bracket; 18.) NACA Style Vent Scoops; 19.) Pre-Sewn Sound Absorbing Package; 20.) Pre-Sewn Lexan Rear Side Windows; 21.) Prop, GSC 3-Blade Ground Adj 66” w/ Leading Edge Protection; 22.) Towbar; 23.) Metal AN Bolt Size & Length Guide; 24.) Clecos, 3/32” & 1/8”; 25.) Camlock Drilling Guide; 27.) Epoxy Syringe

All original purchase records, aircraft Builders’ Manual, Rotax Engine and Parts Manuals etc. will be provided. Literally every instruction, part, nut, bolt & rivet to build your own FUN-TO-FLY Kitfox Model III.

JUST WHEN YOU THOUGHT IT COULDN’T GET ANY BETTER...

DENNY AEROCRAFT KITFOX MODEL IV UPGRADE KIT FOR SALE • $5,500 •

BRAND NEW WITH SEVERAL FACTORY OPTIONS • A very rare opportunity! • This aircraft upgrade kit is complete, unmolested and exactly as received from the factory. Contains everything required to turn your KF3 into the new, improved KF4 including new Model 4 fuselage, control systems and wings. (NOTE: This is a similar concept to [old] Airdale Aircraft's 'Fat Avid' Upgrade Kit, ie. you are intended to reuse certain parts of your existing aircraft such as FWF, landing gear, H.S., elevator and rudder.) Kit has been stored in a heated hangar since new and is clean and corrosion free. Excellent condition overall with some cosmetic damage to both flaperon skins. Only a handful of build steps were completed, build to your satisfaction.

Includes all Primary Factory Kits: 1.) s/n #1762 Model 4 Fuselage Kit; 2.) Model 4 Wing Retrofit Kit #29013; 3.) Model 4 Control System Retrofit Kit #19065

Also includes the Following Optional Factory Equipment: 1.) Powder Coating – White; 2.) 3 Antenna Plate Mount Weldments; 3.) Wide Body Doors Retrofit Kit #59005; 4.) Turtledeck Replacement Kit #59006; 5.) Right Wing Fuel Tank Kit #69103 w/ 13Gal. Wing Tank; 6.) Left Wing Fuel Tank Kit #69104 w/ 13Gal. Wing Tank

All original purchase records, kit parts and Builders’ Instructions etc. will be provided to upgrade your Kitfox.

• NOTE: I WILL MIX ‘N MATCH THE ABOVE KITS TO PROVIDE A COMPLETE KITFOX MODEL 4 KIT •

Photos, plus copies of original Purchase Invoices and Packing Lists detailing the contents and individual part numbers within each Primary and Optional Kit right down to the last nut and bolt, are available for QUALIFIED BUYERS • Local pickup only please • I will deliver to OSH for free pickup during Airventure 2016

Posted

Hey Doug, this deal on the Kitfox 3 sounds pretty good.  I sure don't need another project, but it got me thinking.  Motor and all, it's not a bad price.   Better not though..... Jim Chuk

Posted

Hey Doug, this deal on the Kitfox 3 sounds pretty good.  I sure don't need another project, but it got me thinking.  Motor and all, it's not a bad price.   Better not though..... Jim Chuk

But he has you thinking about it huh, :)

Posted

Ya, a little.  Then I think about all the other projects I have already, and tell my self to finish them first.  Jim Chuk

Posted

G'morning gents.

Jim, thanks for the bump. These kits are complete and truly are in 'like new' condition, just as originally received from Denney Aerocraft and Skystar. Kind of amazing really when you think about it, and one hell of an opportunity for someone looking to build a new Kitfox. I know the price is right, just need to find 'that guy'.

Posted (edited)

I should probably add the most common question I receive is "how much if I want to buy/build as a Kitfox model 4"?

Due to the improved fuselage, flaperon control system and wings plus continuing support from the current Kitfox aircraft company, I feel a $1000 premium over the KF3 price is fair. All other things being equal, a KF4 will command that and more over a KF3 in the resale market in my experience.

Therefore, after taking into consideration the KF3 Kit $1000 price reduction just posted, I would sell everything (both the complete KF3 Kit with engine and complete KF4 Upgrade Kit plus all Factory Option Kits from each) LESS the duplicate and/or unnecessary parts not required for the model 4 build (more specifically the KF3 fuselage, wing and behind the seat storage compartments Kits, engine mount, top rear cowl piece, windshield, turtledeck and a handful of parts in the KF4 control system retrofit Kit. Just so there is no confusion, there is a KF4 specific engine mount, top rear cowl piece, windshield and turtledeck) for $8,500 + $1,000 premium = $9,500.

So basically, a brand new, complete Kitfox 4 Kit w/ new Rotax 582LC FWF and a TON of great Factory Options, all original purchase records, build, operating and maintenance manuals etc. exactly as received from the manufacturer for only $9,500. And don't forget the FREE delivery if it's on my way to OSH during AirVenture. Yeah, try that for the same package from Kitfox Aircraft today! ;)

[edit] P.S. - Hey Jim, you know you want to go to AirVenture this year... :BC::BC::BC:

Edited by dholly

Posted

Doug:

Can you shoot me your best contact info (for those not on this list).

Larry

Posted (edited)

Doug:

Larry

Hi Larry, will PM you my mobile #.

I must be hungover to do this but I need to buy stuff at OSH... I'll knock ANOTHER $1,000 off the whole package if this sells with cash in hand before I leave for AirVenture next week.

To Recap:

Option #1: Complete KF-3 Kit (see description in prior post) - REDUCED to $8,500
Option #2: KF-4 Upgrade Kit (see description in prior post) - $5,500
Option #3: Complete KF-4 Kit (see description in previous post) - $9,500
Option #4: The Whole Enchilada Package (all of the above) - REDUCED to $14,000

ANOTHER $1,000 off the Whole Enchilada Package >>>$13,000 for both new Kits including new 582LC FWF and TONS of factory options<<< for cash in hand before I head to OSH next week!

Jeez what's it gonna take to get you guys to pull trigger on this great deal ??!!!

Edited by dholly

Posted

Doug:

Larry

Hi Larry, will PM you my mobile #.

I must be hungover to do this but I need to buy stuff at OSH... I'll knock ANOTHER $1,000 off the whole package if this sells with cash in hand before I leave for AirVenture next week.

To Recap:

Option #1: Complete KF-3 Kit (see description in prior post) - REDUCED to $8,500
Option #2: KF-4 Upgrade Kit (see description in prior post) - $5,500
Option #3: Complete KF-4 Kit (see description in previous post) - $9,500
Option #4: The Whole Enchilada Package (all of the above) - REDUCED to $14,000

ANOTHER $1,000 off the Whole Enchilada Package >>>$13,000 for both new Kits including new 582LC FWF and TONS of factory options<<< for cash in hand before I head to OSH next week!

Jeez what's it gonna take to get you guys to pull trigger on this great deal ??!!!

I was thinking that same thing, I am already building one so I have an excuse, but I will say if I wasn't already funding one plane I would meet you at oshkosh with cash and buy you a steak dinner, 

Posted

---OPTION #3 IS SOLD! SOLD! SOLD!---

Thanks Kenny, and congrats on your next project!

- The KF-3 fuselage, wing kit, factory options and all other parts not applicable or required to build the buyer's new Model 4 remain For Sale.
- I will post a detailed inventory and Parts List of the remaining KF-3 items shortly.
- Free delivery to OSH during AirVenture 2016 offer still in place.

If you have an interest, please call ASAP, I am starting to pack the trailer!