Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Navman F210 Fuel Flow testing

3 posts in this topic

Posted

Finished up my Navman install this morning and went and flew for an hour to test it out. It appears to be fairly accurate right out of the box. I wish I could have hid my transducer a little but because of the location of my filter, shut off valve and heater door this is really the only place I could put it and still get at least a 45 degree angle.

I had to buy some brass barbed 3/8 to 1/4 reducer because the fittings on the transducer are 3/8" ID. I used a couple zip ties through a piece of fuel line as a stand off to isolate it from vibration.

IMG_5318.jpg

Here is a 55mph climb at 6200rpm pulling about 900fpm and burning 6.1gph

IMG_5313.jpg

Here is 75IAS and 5500 rpm burning 4.5gph. These are pretty decent numbers for a long range cruise. My ground speed was 82mph here.

IMG_5314.jpg

Here is a close up with the tach and fuel flow. I was going to install my tiny tach today for a more accurate RPM but I left the battery to my drill on the charger at home!

IMG_5310.jpg

Finally my ugly mug

IMG_5316.jpg

Put 1.1 on it today... 15.2 hours and counting.

Posted

Finished up my Navman install this morning and went and flew for an hour to test it out. It appears to be fairly accurate right out of the box. I wish I could have hid my transducer a little but because of the location of my filter, shut off valve and heater door this is really the only place I could put it and still get at least a 45 degree angle.

I had to buy some brass barbed 3/8 to 1/4 reducer because the fittings on the transducer are 3/8" ID. I used a couple zip ties through a piece of fuel line as a stand off to isolate it from vibration.

IMG_5318.jpg

Here is a 55mph climb at 6200rpm pulling about 900fpm and burning 6.1gph

IMG_5313.jpg

Here is 75IAS and 5500 rpm burning 4.5gph. These are pretty decent numbers for a long range cruise. My ground speed was 82mph here.

IMG_5314.jpg

Here is a close up with the tach and fuel flow. I was going to install my tiny tach today for a more accurate RPM but I left the battery to my drill on the charger at home!

IMG_5310.jpg

Finally my ugly mug

IMG_5316.jpg

Put 1.1 on it today... 15.2 hours and counting.

Thats pretty cool,where did get that at and what is the price?I have a Grand Rapids EIS but the fuel flow sensor is outrages so I never did get it. Thanks Randy