Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Wing tip Installation

7 posts in this topic

Posted

Just wondering if anyone has any information on installing the hoernier wing tips,I bought a set and trying to install them on the heavy hauler wings.I am thinking they need some sort of bracing at the end of the spars for support kinda like the original avid wing tip had.?

wingtip.JPG

Posted

I didn't use any bracing but did hysol the trailing edge together and rivited to the cap strips, Nice and solid. Did take some funkey cutting in the front to get them to fit the undercamber,

Posted (edited)

Willis,  Here are the pages from the Kitfox 4 manual on installing the Speed tips.   I also have the KF 6 instructions, but think they are same.   I don't understand why they would have you trim tips before fitting and leveling.   I think that aluminum angle riveted to the rib would be stronger than the flat aluminum strip attached to ribcaps.   EDMO

Scan0301.jpg

Scan0302.jpg

Scan0303.jpg

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Thanks for the info guys ,that should help

Posted

Are you using a cable or aluminum trailing edge for the trailing edge or the wing?  I think I would have that in place before I mounted the tips.  Jim Chuk

Posted (edited)

Are you using a cable or aluminum trailing edge for the trailing edge or the wing?  I think I would have that in place before I mounted the tips.  Jim Chuk

Agree Jim, that is the Kitfox procedure to have the aluminum trailing edge in first.    EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Yes it will be aluminum trailing edge, thanks again