Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Bad fitting lift strut brackets.

6 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm having trouble getting the lift strut brackets to fit the spar without distorting the sides of the bracket I'm using hose clamps as per instructions,but I can't get the side of the bracket to lay flush when the strut is bottomed out against the spar (1/6th gap). The top row of rivit holes pull away when the clamps are tightend. Is this a regular thing with to new style brackets? I need to apply a lot of pressure to get the bracket o lay flush against the sides of the spar. This looks like it will cause problems trying to drill for rivets . It feels as if the bracket is not made correctly.

Posted

Pictures would be a big help I'm thinking.  Jim Chuk

Posted (edited)

Pictures really don't show much detail as the gap is hidden by the hose clamps. My question is has anyone else experienced this problem of  getting the bracket to sit squarely around the spar tube without a lot of distortion of the bracket. I have to really tighten the hose clamps to the point of breaking and I still can't get the bracket to sit properly around the spar! There seems to be too much of a gap where the bracket meets the bottom of the spar. Also it doesn't seem to fit squarely to the spar.

Edited by flyapart

Posted (edited)

Where are you located?  How about making a call to John McB at Kitfox about this?   EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

WHy not put this question to TeamKitfox?  There are many current 7SS builders on that forum that could answer this question.

Posted

I talked to John Mcbean an he really couldn't give an answer. He offered to send me more brackets. I just wanted to get imput from  someone who has had a similiar problem! If this is an ongoing issue with these new style brackets? Just looking for info anywhere I can get it, trying to make sure it's not something I'm doing wrong. and yes I've tried Team kitfox same answers. I guess I'm at a work stoppage untill I ship these back. Thanks guys for the effort!