WHO listed parts and 800x6 TIRES For Sale?

24 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I have looked for the post someone had about a bunch of parts and some 800x6 New Tires - I cant find it - Wondering what kind of tires and maybe tubes he had and the price he wants.  PM me if you want to.  I would like to also read the other parts listed again.   Maybe it was not posted in the For Sale Section?   EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

I've got one good McCreary 800-6 and 2 tubes!

Posted (edited)

I've got one good McCreary 800-6 and 2 tubes!

Al,  I was thinking it was AK - Jack or Bob that said they had 2 new tires and a bunch of other parts.  ???   I was wondering if it might be the Desser 21-800 x 6.   I may have 2 tubes in storage.   Thanks anyway,  I will try to remember that you have one.   EDMO

I have looked for the post someone had about a bunch of parts and some 800x6 New Tires - I cant find it - Wondering what kind of tires and maybe tubes he had and the price he wants.  PM me if you want to.  I would like to also read the other parts listed again.   EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

I don't know either, but it would be nice if you could pick up a set of 21" Dessers on a good deal, that's what I'm looking for to! My other McCreary has a shallow cut on the inside wall half way around it,.

Posted (edited)

I don't know either, but it would be nice if you could pick up a set of 21" Dessers on a good deal, that's what I'm looking for to! My other McCreary has a shallow cut on the inside wall half way around it,.

It would have to be a motivated seller to beat the $109 each for new ribbed Desser 21-800-6 with free shipping if you buy a pair - Like someone just cleaning out their space, or bought bigger tires.   EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Wasn't me Ed.

Jack

Posted

Wasn't me Ed.

Jack

Thanks Jack - I only saw the post once, and thought to myself that if the guy had partial cowl and big parts, even tires, that the shipping from Alaska would be too much.  Maybe I got the location or wheel size wrong.  Appreciate your answer anyway.   EDMO

Posted

Thanks for the info Nick.   Cheers,  EDMO

Posted (edited)

For what it's worth the Carlisle tires that Nick posted up are fairly good. They aren't a true 800 series tire for some reason. They are undersized just slightly. However, they work really well. That's what the Pursang had on it and I have two good sets, one not even installed. Hopefully someday I'll have something to use them on.

Edited by lostman
oops
1 person likes this

Posted

Thanks Nick and Kenneth - I ordered a set of the tires, but think I may be able to buy the tubes at my local ACE Hardware store and beat the ebay listing that had to be shipped.   Do you have an inflated diameter for them?  EDMO

Posted

EDMO, I used the tubes shown, and they worked well, but I didn't measure their diameter. They were stamped "Firestone" and were high quality and thick. It seemed that they are very inflatable, and can fill a wide array of diameters. The tires are high quality brand new and made only a few months ago.

Posted (edited)

EDMO, I used the tubes shown, and they worked well, but I didn't measure their diameter. They were stamped "Firestone" and were high quality and thick. It seemed that they are very inflatable, and can fill a wide array of diameters. The tires are high quality brand new and made only a few months ago.

Sorry Nick - My "Huhmerican" writing sometimes leaves something out - I meant the diameter of the inflated Tires - not the tubes. Ha!  I have ordered the tubes, because the ones I get at ACE are probably not as good.   Thanks for the added info.  

Do you know the weight of the tires?  What pressure do you use for these tires?  EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Thanks Nick and Kenneth - I ordered a set of the tires, but think I may be able to buy the tubes at my local ACE Hardware store and beat the ebay listing that had to be shipped.   Do you have an inflated diameter for them?  EDMO

Ed, I'm heading to Utah next Wednesday where my tires are. They are inflated and I'll try to check the size when I get there for you. I don't have a set off the gear to weigh though. They are still attached to the bent gear from the Pursang, including the grass from the green on the golf course. 

Posted (edited)

Ed, I'm heading to Utah next Wednesday where my tires are. They are inflated and I'll try to check the size when I get there for you. I don't have a set off the gear to weigh though. They are still attached to the bent gear from the Pursang, including the grass from the green on the golf course. 

Thanks Kenneth - I was just curious.   I can weigh mine when they get here.  Probably lighter than the McCreary Airstreak 800x6 tires.  Size should be somewhere around 19 to 21" - I am going to sell my wheel pants anyway.   EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Ed, no weight (they are the same as my "original" as-weighed tires so I didn't bother to weigh them) will get the diameter tomorrow.This site is a little cheaper, says they are 17.6" diameter, inflated:

http://www.tires-easy.com/8.00-6/carlisle-tires/turf-glide/tirecode/508040?gclid=Cj0KEQjw7-K7BRCkkIH3t_WwoskBEiQAD8oY3nt5MTZUNSzNNw61x3r-0JydlhBR8RFu-Zu4DGQqt38aAit68P8HAQ

Posted (edited)

Thanks Nick.   I cant remember if my 600x6 tires are 17 or 19" inflated.  These should work fine. 

BTW - you may need to add another spring or two to your tailwheel support if this one bends after a while.  My KF3 (1050 GW)  had 3 leaf springs on it.  EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

image.thumb.jpeg.a72d8acc19ed053f1868239Help me out gents are those eBay tires direct replacements for my avid MKIV and wheel pants?  I think I'm going to put the tail dragger gear back on her.  She need some new shoes as these ones are dry rotted. 

Posted

image.thumb.jpeg.16edd7890cb47dbe15917e9Another look

Posted

image.thumb.jpeg.a72d8acc19ed053f1868239Help me out gents are those eBay tires direct replacements for my avid MKIV and wheel pants?  I think I'm going to put the tail dragger gear back on her.  She need some new shoes as these ones are dry rotted. 

What size tires do you have now?  I have a set of Cessna 150/172 wheelpants that I have not checked against the tires - Probably going to sell them and not use them anyway.  EDMO

Posted

Mains

They look to be the same size stamped on the side as my original AVID tires.  It was mentioned they're a little smaller, how much extra room am I going to have in the wheel pants?

I think I'll be ordering that set from that eBay link, unless you guys see a problem?  Thanks for the good find gents.

image.thumb.jpeg.70985fd09f60c9116999404image.thumb.jpeg.a276bede0309e677c5b18c7image.thumb.jpeg.611d879987c7c1ad63dd4e1

Posted

That looks like the same tire that we bought - I think they may be a little smaller than the old McCreary / Airstreak 800-6.   EDMO

Posted

image.thumb.jpeg.f250d6d04400c473bcfdc70image.thumb.jpeg.2273294bfa6135c2a337013They came in and I'm happy. I ordered from that eBay above, the tires and tube are from different sellers. The born on date stamps are from 2015 and are about a year old stock. The rubber looks pliable and like new. 

Posted

I guess mine are the same as yours and Nicks - Too danged hot here this summer to unwrap them and put them on my wheels.    Good.   EDMO