Magnum

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Just wanted to give an update on my magnum. Finally got it registered and that took six months .Fixed all the damage from the previous owners ground loop. His logs show around 15 hrs on plane after he built it and a special airworthy cert. That's expired I'm getting ready to take it to an A&P down the road at a local grass strip he said he would help me sort it out . So just wanted to post a few Picts and pretty soon get this bird back flying !  I think it needs some bigger tires lol  !!!  

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

1 person likes this

Posted

Looks good but bigger tires for sure :BC:

1 person likes this

Posted

Yea problem now is with the 4 blade prop that came on it , If I put bigger tires then it won't fit in the garage. Im looking now for a two blade prop  ,bigger tires , and prolby a hanger I can't see trailering it every other day to the strip . But I do like having it in the garage , I do a lot of sittin N drinking beer looking my plane in the garage LOL !! 

2 people like this

Posted

Flydady172,

It looks great!  Nice repair work too!

I had the whirlwind 78" ground adjustable prop on another type aircraft, but on a lycoming O-320 and it was really nice!  I just bought a Catto for my Magnum, but it is fixed pitch set for climb and expensive!

I think the whirlwind would give you some options of gaining a few mph' for cruise when you are doing a long trip.  It isn't cheap either, but nothing really is!

Remember when you get your 2 blade to turn it horizontal before pushing it in the garage!  It really makes you mad getting a prop strike before you even get to fly it!

Good luck, it looks great!

Ron

Posted

To Flydaddy. I have benn trying to reach you in regard to the sale of your Magnum. You have not been answering your phone. Please call me! You have my number.