Tombstone Mountains

8 posts in this topic

Posted

Went for a nice flight through the Tombstone Mountain range. South and west of Dawson city, Yukon Territory. Calm winds.

IONX0084.JPG

IONX0085.JPG

IONX0081.JPG

IONX0073.JPG

IONX0068.JPG

IONX0065.JPG

4 people like this

Posted

Wow, that's neat! Bryce

Posted

Beautiful!    

(and very desolate…)

Posted

More spectacular views from our 49th state, we will enjoy all that you guys share!

Posted (edited)

More spectacular views from our 49th state, we will enjoy all that you guys share!

Doug,  When did the Yukon Territory, Canada, become the 49th State?   Or maybe those Mountains are in B.C.?

I would like to add all of Canada to the U.S. - Too bad we couldn't hold on to it back around 1776! 

I know what you meant - We all enjoy flights to territory we don't usually see, like Alaska, Canada, Sweden, France, NZ, anywhere.  Just had to kid you a little about "new 49th State"!  Ha!

What kind of plane is that?   I cant make out the connection of the wing root to fuselage...SkyRaider?  Really clear glass - needs some dirt on it!   EdMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted (edited)

Doug,  When did the Yukon Territory, Canada, become the 49th State?   Or maybe those Mountains are in B.C.?

I would like to add all of Canada to the U.S. - Too bad we couldn't hold on to it back around 1776! 

I know what you meant - We all enjoy flights to territory we don't usually see, like Alaska, Canada, Sweden, France, NZ, anywhere.  Just had to kid you a little about "new 49th State"!  Ha!

What kind of plane is that?   I cant make out the connection of the wing root to fuselage...SkyRaider?  Really clear glass - needs some dirt on it!   EdMO

No No No Mr. The US is more than big enough, we can't control what we have already Ha ha.

Edited by TJay

Posted

No No No Mr. The US is more than big enough, we can't control what we have already Ha ha.

They have Trillions of trees there where nobody lives close, I figured that would be a good place to send Oh Bummer's Towelheads to live with all the U.S. draftdodgers who went to stay there during the 1960's and 70's!   EDMO

1 person likes this

Posted

Lol, big brainfart on my part. I think it was Early 1970's when I went thru Whitehorse on the way west. It all looked the same to me... big and wildly beautiful, so I won't play favorites. Just keep the pics coming please!