Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

582 Idle Jet

10 posts in this topic

Posted

Have must of you guys reduced the size of your idle jets on the 582?

Mine was super rich (winter and summer) even at 2 turns out on the air screw with the 55.  I changed to 50's yesterday and am at 1.5 turns and things seem pretty good (though still a tad rich below 2500, though way smoother).

Posted

Yes , I changed mine out.  You can lean it out pretty good at an idle and get away with it.  The only thing to watch out for is if you get it too lean on the low end when you pull your power back too fast she may get a little too quiet for your liking. 

:BC:

Posted

I run 50s and 2 turns out at Sea Level

Posted

35's no problems,very smooth idle,nice to see 950-1000 egt on finals no worries about cold seizure on go round

Posted

Thanks for the replies.  Great feedback.

Posted

Hi All

My 582 shakes like hell at 2000 RPM, I just cannot seem to stop it , Tried new carb rubbers, needles ,all jets and a good clean:(

Is this  why you change the idle jet? What result does this have and are there associated problems due to the change?

Thanks

Kevin 

Posted

Has it always done this? If not what has changed!

do you have a B or C box, as I believe the B box can get slack internally causing idle issues.

Try a set of leaner idle jets( the 912 #35 jets fit,I get a smooth idle down to 1700 rpm

I am assuming you have checked the usuals such as plugs, wires,etc 

Posted

Letting it do that is hard on everything. Lean out the idle circuit if you have 55s in it. Gearbox chatter can cause some of it as well. Some have found that 2100-2200 is a better idle speed. 

Posted

What prop do you have, Kevin?

Posted (edited)

Just yesterday I fiddled with my idle and mid jets with very satisfactory results:BC::

http://www.ultralightnews.ca/bing/bingjetchart.html

As suggested in the guidance noted, I went down a size on the Idle Jet (from 55 to 50) which yielded a much smoother idle.  I went up on the Needle Jet (from 272 to 276) -- now it does not EGT SPIKE (yikes!) when pulling the throttle back. I had tried a smaller needle in the 15k2 flavor but that screwed everything up; seems the 11G2 is the one to stick with.   I was going to go up on the main (presently 165) too but the EGT's stay at 1150 on TO and cruise so I think I'll leave well enough alone with that.

I'm operating from 1k' field elevation and don't go above 4500 very often nor in cold (below 50F) wx.

Edited by allonsye
1 person likes this