Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

I learned something again

2 posts in this topic

Posted

This summer my 503 has been starting hard or not starting at all. After three pumps of the primer and a few tugs of the pull rope it would fire on one cylinder spit and sputter then quit. After flooding it to many times to count, I replaced the plugs a couple of times, checked the float level, removed the needle valve, sync the carbs, new pulse line and new inline fuel filter. Still did the same thing. After scratching my ass way to long I gave Brett a call at LEAF and had a good visit with him. After explaining what was going on he said take the plug caps off and check them with a ohms meter. Sure enough the fourth cap I took off did not have a reading. Went to the local snowmobile shop and got a new one and installed it. After three pumps of the primer it fired in one pull. I ran it up and taxied around with everything good I flew it. Ran perfect. After landing I shut it down and let it set a few minutes and it started in one pull. I tried this a couple of times with everything good. Last night I gave it three pumps again and it started on the first pull. Again I shut it down and started it in one pull again, so it looks like my problem was a bad plug cap. Time will tell.  Maybe this can help somebody else if they are having the same problem.

1 person likes this

Posted

Plug caps can also be had at Fleet Farm...