Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

4 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi Nate,

Welcome aboard!

What kinda plane you flying? Trying to get more Alaska guys on here so we can do flyin's etc. The once a year poker run for the Kenai EAA is just not enough for me. I would like to see several more a year!

Don't expect me to be politically correct....

#1 snake oil sales man since 1-22-09

Leonard Perry

Soldotna Alaska

Avid C / MK IV N61PW

582 IVO 72" IFA

Full lotus 1450

Hello all, just thought that I'd introduce myself. My name is Nate Anderson. I live in Anchorage and work at the Milne Point oilfield, next door to Leni's field. I've lurked here awhile, am a member at the avid yahoo site and occasionally take a peek at the matronics site. I currently fly a Cessna 140, which I am trying to sell :( . I am also a very lucky bastard, having won a Searey amphib in a raffle. That was back in March and I have yet to fly it. Waiting on some paperwork issues as well as some mechanical issues. Hopefully it'll be airborne by the time breakup rolls around. As far as the Avid connection goes I have in my possession N4921S (S/N 55). I bought it as a wreck about ten years ago, which is the same condition it is in today. Hopefully I'll be tearing into it soon but I've got a few other things to take care of first. I've got alot of questions but will

probably save those until the plane is back in my garage. About two years ago I contacted Leni via email about the Avid, thinking that I was getting close to working on it, but stalled out. Oh well, someday.

Most of my flying is out to my parents cabin, located on the Iditarod trail about 20 miles from Skwentna, although I've taken a few good trips checking out the state. When I get around to it I'll post some photos. I don't know how much I'll post at this point in time but I like this forum and thought I'd speak up a bit. Just looking around here makes me want to start working on it today.

Anyway, glad to be here.

-Nate

Edited by Nate

Posted

Hello all, just thought that I'd introduce myself. My name is Nate Anderson. I live in Anchorage and work at the Milne Point oilfield, next door to Leni's field. I've lurked here awhile, am a member at the avid yahoo site and occasionally take a peek at the matronics site. I currently fly a Cessna 140, which I am trying to sell :( . I am also a very lucky bastard, having won a Searey amphib in a raffle. That was back in March and I have yet to fly it. Waiting on some paperwork issues as well as some mechanical issues. Hopefully it'll be airborne by the time breakup rolls around. As far as the Avid connection goes I have in my possession N4921S (S/N 55). I bought it as a wreck about ten years ago, which is the same condition it is in today. Hopefully I'll be tearing into it soon but I've got a few other things to take care of first. I've got alot of questions but will

probably save those until the plane is back in my garage. About two years ago I contacted Leni via email about the Avid, thinking that I was getting close to working on it, but stalled out. Oh well, someday.

Most of my flying is out to my parents cabin, located on the Iditarod trail about 20 miles from Skwentna, although I've taken a few good trips checking out the state. When I get around to it I'll post some photos. I don't know how much I'll post at this point in time but I like this forum and thought I'd speak up a bit. Just looking around here makes me want to start working on it today.

Anyway, glad to be here.

-Nate

well you dirty bugger, I was spose to win that damn plane :lol: I should be up in your neck of the woods some time next hitch home. A buddy has a cabin on fish lake and he wants a few of us to fly in for the weekend. Hoping for more snow so I can swap over to skis soon.

:beerchug:

Posted

So whereabouts is fish lake? My parents place is on One Stone Lake. They're out there now, probably be out there for another two or three weeks. I'm hoping for no more snow, or lots of it. There's about 4" accumulated on the lake, but not enough in town for skis yet. I get home on the 24th and hope to make it out there, be it on wheels or skis.

-Nate

Posted

So whereabouts is fish lake? My parents place is on One Stone Lake. They're out there now, probably be out there for another two or three weeks. I'm hoping for no more snow, or lots of it. There's about 4" accumulated on the lake, but not enough in town for skis yet. I get home on the 24th and hope to make it out there, be it on wheels or skis.

-Nate

it's off the yentna. One creek above lake creek. There are a series of connected lakes on fish creek and he is on the furthest lake north on the system.

post-2-12582939602064_thumb.jpg