Avid MkIV bubble doors, who makes then

12 posts in this topic

Posted

image.thumb.jpeg.47081f5af8a21815c628c42image.thumb.jpeg.9012a7aef93112cb59e3dccI

I'm really hoping somebody makes them still, or hoping the Kitfox 4 doors are the same shape and size?  Who has the lead I'm looking for?  Saw these one on a Barnstormer ad that isn't mine  

Sean

1 person likes this

Posted

Posted

When they want those kind of prices, I would be tempted to invest in some Lexan and heat lamps and make my own bubbles!   EDMO

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

…and you'd have a distorted f'ing mess.

The LP products are absolutely top notch quality.  They are worth every penny.  I have the doors and windshield/skylight on my Kitfox.

My friend Paul Buss helped LP Aeroplastics design and prototype these bubble doors for his Avid mk4 back in the 90s.  If you note the cross braces are cut from the door frames.  These doors were designed strong enough to allow the elimination of these braces.

Edited by Av8r3400
1 person likes this

Posted

The LP products are absolutely top notch quality.  They are worth every penny.  I have the doors and windshield/skylight on my Kitfox.

My friend Paul Buss helped LP Aeroplastics design and prototype these bubble doors for his Avid mk4 back in the 90s.  If you note the cross braces are cut from the door frames.  These doors were designed strong enough to allow the elimination of these braces.

I was thinking that was a good price for both!!! All cut and ready to go? I'm going to have to have a set of those!!!

So you just wack off the center bar less enough for a handle to close the door it appears. Looks awesome!!!

A google search yielded this: http://www.lpaerodirect.com/index.php?p=catalog&parent=21&pg=1

I am going to order a pair as soon as I get my new gear on.

Posted

Being designed for a mkIV will these fit a C model door opening?

Posted (edited)

I was thinking that was a good price for both!!! All cut and ready to go? I'm going to have to have a set of those!!!

So you just wack off the center bar less enough for a handle to close the door it appears. Looks awesome!!!

A google search yielded this: http://www.lpaerodirect.com/index.php?p=catalog&parent=21&pg=1

I am going to order a pair as soon as I get my new gear on.

What is a good price?  about $800 for the Lexan, and $100 for the install Kit?  I can live with flat doors for that much!  Besides, I had rather have windows in the doors to open in the summer.   EDMO

Edited by EDMO
2 people like this

Posted

Being designed for a mkIV will these fit a C model door opening?

If the "C" doors are the same as a Mark IV, then yes.

Posted

I spoke with joey and he says that they are

Posted

Curious if any of you have installed the bubble doors on your AVID and how do you like them.

Posted

Anyone know if they will fit the Airdale?

Posted

I have an email quote from them if anyone wants it. To rich for my blood when I was recovering my doors.  I’ve seen them and they are no bought top notch. Larry’s right.... I know a guy who tried making a set and it was a complete disaster.