Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Lodi Open house pictures

2 posts in this topic

Posted

I flew about 30 miles to another field today that was having an Open House. It was a small event but quite a few neat planes flew in. Things got exciting when a Super King Air used for hauling skydivers landed super hot and his nose gear collapsed. They messed up the airplane even worse after these pics were taken when they lifted the nose with a fork lift and left main collapsed too, dropping the airplane on it's left wing. That thing was pretty much junk after that. They were trying so hard to get it cleaned up before the crowd arrived. Normally that airfield is a ghost town but I bet there were 50 people taking pictures after the incident. No covering that one up.

Think these guys are keeping Quad City Ultralights (Challenger) in business

IMG_5336.jpg

My bird

IMG_5339.jpg

I could stare at a Cub all day long...never get's old watching one

IMG_5341.jpg

RV's with more money into their paint jobs than I have into my entire plane

IMG_5354.jpg

IMG_5357.jpg

The Rutan designs are always cool. The velocity sounded HEALTHY when it did a 200mph fly-by

IMG_5355.jpg

IMG_5356.jpg

And now the dumbass stunt of the day. There was this airplane and a Twin Otter flying skydivers ALL DAY. They are notorious at this airfield for landing opposite direction and on a little tiny intersecting runway and never talking on the CTAF. They were making the round trip to 13,000ft and back in less than 15 minutes all day long today. Anyways it's only a matter of time before something like this happens. A guy that I was standing with works on King Airs and his theory was he got into the reverse very heavily after landing long and fast and one engine probably did not go in with the other causing a big swerve. He said the nose on those will unlock if you put a big side load on them. It could have just collapsed too... those airplanes get beat to death going up and down all day everyday.

IMG_5343.jpg

IMG_5345.jpg

IMG_5348.jpg

Yup that's going to be expensive. Wish I would have gotten pics after they left main collapsed and they dropped it clean onto the left wing but I had already walked back down towards my plane.

17.1 hours and counting on my bird...ENJOY

Posted

Looks like a fun time.. right up till he screwed the pooch on that one :lol: I wish we had more fly ins around here.. there are a few every year but I have only made it to one in the last 2 years due to the work schedule..

:beerchug: