2014 Avid MK IV

14 posts in this topic

Posted

Currenlty 99 hours on airframe and rotax 582. Many upgrades, wide bush landing gear and tires, electronic trim tab, airplane specific trailer. Going slow it takes me 10 minutes to transform from on the trailer to ready to fly and vice versa. Folded Length is 238 inches width is 100 inches, fits in most single car garages. I'm 6'1" 160lbs and fit with room to spare. Ground adjustable IVO prop. Dual 13.5 gallon gas tanks which are ok to use ethanol gas in, I have only run ethonal free premium. 527lbs empty, 1050 Gross. Very clean airplane.  The builder and original proud owner of this plane has many posts and pictures from the build on this website, search "High Country" which is his website handle.  $19,000 obo trade for 2007 or newer toyota tundra
Plane is located in Bigfork MT just outside of Kalispell.

205.jpeg

20160228_141716.jpg

20160329_181730.jpg

20160329_190451.jpg

20160501_105150.jpg

IMG_0606.JPG

Posted

I saw the springer spaniel in picture.  How do you keep that dog from sitting still long enough to go flying.  LOL.  I have one to and would love to make him an airplane dog.

Posted

Wonder what the deal is with the short flaperons?  At first, I thought it was a speedwing with extentions, but then I saw the rib tail out near the end of the wing in the first and fifth pictures.  JImChuk

Posted

The wing is a combination of HH and speed. Built to HH specs but with no under camber, the flaperons were never extended but the hangers are there for the option. 

Posted (edited)

Not a MK4 fwf. Does it have the baggage area in the fuse? Looks like a clean plane. I was looking at the Barnstormers ad and was wondering what you are using for engine monitoring?  How come you are selling?

Edited by C5Engineer

Posted

Your right it is an earlier model cowling.  There is no baggage area to speak of, I simply hang a back pack behind the seat which works well.  MGL Avionics stratomaster infinity for monitoring vitals.  I am looking to do longer cross country flights to visit family so changing to a Sonex.

Posted

Will make a great airplane for someone. Thanks for posting. 

Posted (edited)

Nice Plane!  Are those extended speed wings?

Would you be interested in an 2006 F350 Crew Cab Dually Lariat?

Edited by Knuckledragger

Posted

Atta Boy, getting the itch again aren't ya

1 person likes this

Posted

Glad to see you back!

Posted

The wing is a combination of HH and speed. Built to HH specs but with no under camber, not just and extended speed wing.  Thanks for the offer but I don't need such a heavy duty truck.

1 person likes this

Posted

The wing is a combination of HH and speed. Built to HH specs but with no under camber, not just and extended speed wing.  Thanks for the offer but I don't need such a heavy duty truck.

extended aerobatic speed wing. That's the exact configuration I had on my plane last year. Very sporty and responsive

Posted

Hello,

I am new to this forum and interested in your plane.   How can I contact you without putting my email address or phone number on the net.    I'm in Colorado so not that far to come see it.

Posted

That add is 3 years old.  If you click on someone's name on the left side of their post, a box will open up that will allow you to send them a private message as one of the options.  JImChuk

1 person likes this