Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Removing Old Injection Lines

4 posts in this topic

Posted

I have an injection line seeping at one of the barb connections.  These are the OEM lines and keepers.  Any idea how best to remove these keepers without much fuss?  Don't want to over stress the barbs, thinking that maybe I could squeeze on the ears (90 degrees to the original crimp).  Any thoughts?

Posted

Yes, squeezeing on the ears will open them up.  I just replaced the lines on the Kitfox 1.  I used small zip ties double wrapped for clamps.  I had one line break right where it came out of the banjo fitting.  Good thing I caught it right away.   After I took the old hoses off, I found that I could pull on them and they would break real easy.  If you scraped on them with a finger nail, you could peal off part of the hose real easy.   This is probably something everyone who is running oil injection should take a look at.  It's one more thing that could put you into the trees.....  JImChuk

Posted

I removed the pump and lines for the oil injection. I feel safer in mixing my own.

Jim

Posted

I removed the pump and lines for the oil injection. I feel safer in mixing my own.

Jim

Many people do. It is a nice feature to have if you are flying cross country a lot but when you are flying out of your own hangar mostly it's really easy to mix up a jug and pour it in and go fly.