Skycruiser

8 posts in this topic

Posted

Did anybody who made it to Oshkosh look at this plane?  It seems to be another Avid clone, but with regular ailerons and flaps.  It's a pretty thing, cabin seems pretty wide, and it has a nice paint job.  The guy at the display said it only had a few hours on it and he couldn't tell me anything more about it except the price would be about 90,000 dollars.  Whew!!

skycruiser.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Somebody hacked my design, except mine is a few $$$ cheaper!   :lol:  EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Defiantely and Avid C model clone.  Didn't see it at OSH, but the lines are the same as a EuroFox/Aerotrek only with the Skyraider/Ridgerunner/Just wing design.

Posted

Yes I did see that one. Being shown by US Sport Aircraft from Addison, TX I believe, the same company importing the SportCruiser S-LSA. It was good quality fit and finish but didn't feel very substantial to me,  almost a little flimsy looking. I'd be curious what the empty and usable weights are. I do remember thinking for the same price I'd rather have the Aerotrek. Here's a pic I grabbed of the panel.

image.thumb.jpeg.2cbe9e416ead3f5d01bfb66

Posted

Dear friends,

The plane you have seen at Oshkosh is completely STYLUS X2 / the same plane you can see here:

or here:

What happened is that Slovak producer of STYLUS aircraft (AVAMA Ltd. Poprad, Slovakia, http://www.avama.sk/vyroba_en.html ) sold this year, early spring time, complete design and production documentation to Czech company Czech Sport Aircraft located in Kunovice and producing SportCruiser. They decided to produce STYLUS under new name for US market as there is really demand for such planes.

And yes, it is quite a difference comparing Aerotrek as both of the planes are "shoulder to shoulder" parking in our hangar here. STYLUS resp. Sky Cruiser has significantly more spacious cockpit, completely different wing (with separate flaps and ailerons, different airfoil) and therefore higher cruising speed, longer about 40cm (15.748") therefore more stable in direction ... Simply different with significant heritage 

Posted

Looks like a Merlin GT to me.  I will keep flying my $15,000 AVID.

Posted

Merlin GT has flaperons like Kitfox. STYLUS or SKYCRUISER has regular ailerons and flaps, cruising speed and economy are better, when stall speed with flaps is about 38-39 mph or 33-34 kts.

Posted

Hi everybody, anything new about this aircraft?
As far as I know, importer doesn't penetrate market with such price for this aircraft ... even though it is definitely not "flimsy" solution, significantly more robust then Avid I've seen here. Producer doesn't acquire essential skills for such production because they are producing all-metal SportCruiser. Only one piece produced with support from original manufacturer that is all.

We have some aircraft around from original production and original name STYLUS. I personally know 5 of them, 3 are trike-gear and 2 are tail-draggers, flying a lot. One is suffering by cracks on engine mount ( oldest one, old type of engine mount construction, 100HP Rotax ) others are in good shape, one is more then 2000 hours now. The closest is parking in the same hangar as I am, about 800 hours on clock now, but trike gear ...