Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Unions for 4mm o.d. Nylon brake tubing

9 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I'm not having much luck finding a union to join 4mm o.d. Nylon brake tubing. Well, I can find some, but the 145lb. Max psi is too low for the application. Haven't pressure tested the system but probably need something along the line of 800lb. Max psi if it mimics the Avid/Fox setup. Anyone have a source or suggestion foe a suitable Union before I go out and buy a 100' roll of [much more expensive] new tubing? Thnx

image.jpeg

Edited by dholly

Posted

Doug,  Have you tried MATCO?  I've picked up a few parts from them from time to time.

Jack 

Posted

Hi Jack, Matco has unions for 1/4" tubing. I'm finding that unions for anything smaller, and particularly the metric stuff, is a lot harder to find in the U.S.

Posted

Is this for the Aerotrek?  Why no go to them?

Posted

There are no unions in the Aerotrek brake system, therefore, they don't carry/supply them.

Posted

So they're a non-Union shop?

2 people like this

Posted

Doug there are a few cart sites that sell the tubing by the ft. But no couplings.  Comet Carts is one.

Posted

that Nylo flo stuff that I used measures .188 OD I would guess those fittings would compress down  to match your .160 tubing, just a thought, buy one and try it

Posted

I am thinking I would just put in readily available nylaflow tubing and let the A&Ptry and catch it... I would put money on it that they would never say a word about the brake line as long as it looks like it was factory installed.

:BC: