Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Forum Idea

3 posts in this topic

Posted

On a lot of the offroad forums that I surf they have a Tech section. Whenever a motivated member does some task on their rig they take pictures and then submit a step by step tutorial along with the pics on how to complete the task. Leni do you think we could add a section titled Tech where members could submit this kind of info?

I was thinking of tasks like: Rebuilding a Mikuni Fuel Pump, Bleeding your Rotary Valve, Rebuilding a Bing Carb, Servicing your Gearbox, Calibrating your Altimeter, ect ect Just basic maintenance stuff that some people might be reluctant to do without some good instructions.

Most of these type of tasks have procedures written on the net or elsewhere but they are often vague and don't account for real world experiences that people have had. There are always gotchas that the instructions don't mention when your working on this kind of stuff. What do you think?

Posted

On a lot of the offroad forums that I surf they have a Tech section. Whenever a motivated member does some task on their rig they take pictures and then submit a step by step tutorial along with the pics on how to complete the task. Leni do you think we could add a section titled Tech where members could submit this kind of info?

I was thinking of tasks like: Rebuilding a Mikuni Fuel Pump, Bleeding your Rotary Valve, Rebuilding a Bing Carb, Servicing your Gearbox, Calibrating your Altimeter, ect ect Just basic maintenance stuff that some people might be reluctant to do without some good instructions.

Most of these type of tasks have procedures written on the net or elsewhere but they are often vague and don't account for real world experiences that people have had. There are always gotchas that the instructions don't mention when your working on this kind of stuff. What do you think?

Damn good idea. I will get the Tech section set up ASAP!

:beerchug:

Posted (edited)

An excellent idea! In the last month alone, I've used these DIY tutorials not only for the plane, but for the family van and kids Jeep, daughters car, home theater, furnace repair, hydraulic systems... I could go on, but everything around me is falling apart and I gotta get busy...

[edit] P.S. - As a side note, I believe Joanne added a how-to tech section to the Avid Flyer Wiki. You might consider adding it there too. LINK

Edited by dholly