Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

LMA Taylorcraft

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Since a project I was looking at got sold I have been looking at some other options. I'm a fairly good woodworker and have no welding skills so wooden planes keep catching my attention. 

I saw materials available for a light miniature aircraft (LMA) taylorcraft on wicks. I did some searching on google and I couldn't find anybody selling plans. Does anyone know if these are still available and if the plans are of decent quality?

Thanks.

Posted

What is a Light Miniature Aircraft (LMA)?

Most welded tube aircraft like our Avids and Kitfoxes do not require any welding by the builder, so skill there is not necessary.

Posted (edited)

For once or maybe twice, I agree with Larry - No welding needed to build a Kitfox or Avid from a kit - Period.   EDMO

I have seen some ads for the LMA homebuilts plans - maybe call Spruce or Wicks to ask about them?  Maybe in ad section of Sport Aviation or Kitplanes mags?

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Just pulled this up, I would guess that building one from the start will take quite a while.  Every once in a while I've seen unfinished LMAs show up on Barnstormers.  If you are real patient, you might get a good deal.  Might end up with a bunch of junk as well.  ;-)    http://all-aero.com/index.php/53-planes-l-m-n-o/6074-light-miniature-aircraft-lm-2   JImChuk

Posted

Thanks for the tips.