Kitfox Model 4 Control System Retrofit Kit #19065

14 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

(NOTE: this thread relates to Kitfox models only but may prove helpful retrofitting older Avids as well.)

From time to time there have been questions regarding retrofitting the newer Kitfox Model 4-7 Riblett Airfoil wings to older Kitfox models. Back in the day, Denney Aerocraft actually offered Kitfox Model 4 Control System Retrofit Kit #19065 to do just that. This kit was applicable to Model 2 and 3 aircraft with S/N's less than 1400. Attached are the complete parts list and install instructions, including drawings for Kitfox Model 4 Control System Retrofit Kit #19065.

Scan_20160828_1.pdf

Scan_20160828_2.pdf

Scan_20160828_3.pdf

Scan_20160828_4.pdf

Scan_20160828_5.pdf

Scan_20160828_6.pdf

Scan_20160828_7.pdf

Scan_20160828_8.pdf

Scan_20160828_9.pdf

Scan_20160828_10.pdf

Scan_20160828_11.pdf

[EDIT] The Control System Retrofit Kit was often sold with the Model 4 Wing Retrofit Kit #29013. This kit was also applicable to Model 3 aircraft with S/N's less than 1400.

KF 1762 - Model 4 Wing Retrofit Kit #29013.pdf

Edited by dholly
reload file
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Note that the first page says this differential control system change is "elective", rather than being required, although that is probably desirable, as an addition to changing the wings - Nothing said about modifications to just change the wings.  Just wanted to point that out.    Thanks for the info Doug.

EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Thanks for posting this info and starting the new thread.  Time for me to download and digest.

Posted

[EDIT] The Control System Retrofit Kit was often sold with the Model 4 Wing Retrofit Kit #29013. This kit was also applicable to Model 3 aircraft with S/N's less than 1400.

Model 4 Wing Retrofit Kit #29013.pdf

Hi Doug,

The file you added on Sept 1 appears to be blank to me.  Can you check it?  No problem seeing the others.

Posted

I'll repost it when I can get back to my lappy, :( FIL had a stroke this week and pretty busy now. 

Posted

Sorry to hear that Doug, we'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

Mark

Posted

Doug, I hope things work out for the positive with your FIL.  I'm sure your family appreciates the support.

Posted

Model 4 Wing Retrofit Kit #29013.pdf

Hi Doug,

The file you added on Sept 1 appears to be blank to me.  Can you check it?  No problem seeing the others.

Me too - can you post it in JPEG?   Prayers for your FIL - Hoping for the best.   EDMO

Posted

Sorry Ed, I don't have a pdf to jpeg converter on my laptop (just Google for free online version). I have reloaded the .pdf file in the original post.

P.S. - Thanks to each for your prayer and positive thoughts in support of my FIL. We love him dearly and I'm very happy to say he is back home and recovering well.

Posted

Thanks Doug.  The file came through fine.  Glad to hear he's on the mend.

Ed, Here are the converted files in jpeg form.  I'm surprised you can't open a pdf though.  Is it a concern for viruses?

KF 1762 - Model 4 Wing Retrofit Kit #29013 pg2.jpg

KF 1762 - Model 4 Wing Retrofit Kit #29013 pg3.jpg

KF 1762 - Model 4 Wing Retrofit Kit #29013 pg4.jpg

KF IV Controls Retrofit 2.jpeg

KF IV Controls Retrofit 3.jpeg

KF IV Controls Retrofit 4.jpeg

KF IV Controls Retrofit 5.jpeg

KF IV Controls Retrofit 6.jpeg

KF IV Controls Retrofit 7.jpeg

KF IV Controls Retrofit 8.jpeg

KF IV Controls Retrofit 9.jpeg

KF IV Controls Retrofit 10.jpeg

KF IV Controls Retrofit 11.jpeg

KF IV Controls Retrofit.jpeg

Posted

If anyone is considering this conversion I have the wreck of ZK EWC and access to the wreck of ZK ELE (ex N7800L)

most parts appear to have survived but the pushrods are bent.

Posted

I'm fixed for the controls and pushrods.  At some point in the future I need to figure out what to do about a set of wings, flaperons and lift struts.

Posted (edited)

Thanks for posting - I don't have "Open Office", or whatever it takes for pdf - last time I tried to get it, my puter crashed and I had to buy a new one and have this one "re-fixed"!  I will have to print and study the above for a while to understand it - My controls are nothing like the Kitfoxes or Avids.  EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Only the RH wing is usable ,I think the LH flapperon had some damage I have 2 sets of liftstruts.

freight may be a deal breaker on these.