Replacement o ring for fuel drains?

8 posts in this topic

Posted

anyone know the correct size O ring  for the fuel drains? I'm assuming they can be replaced? Mine are seeping

thanks

jamie

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Posted

Don't know the size off hand, but they can be replaced.  Sometimes if you just unscrew them and clean out the little chunk that's maybe causing it to leak you fix it.  Worth a try, and then you can measure the size you need if that don't work... :-)  JIMChuk

Posted

It says c76 on the side but I couldn't find a drain with that model Curtis was my guess as to maker but didn't see that model 

i will give cleaning a try

Posted

These work for about 3-5 years for me. 

image.jpeg

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

For what its worth.  That is not an O ring on the Curtis Drain valve.  It has a different shape.  They are not meant to be replaced.  You should replace the valve.  They don't cost much.

Watch this short hint  http://www.eaavideo.org/video.aspx?v=3968989536001 

This is the one used in most planes.  http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/appages/curtisquickdv4.php?clickkey=3008616

It does have  TSO C76 on the side of the hex.  Look close or with a magnifying glass at the little ears.  One will have Curtis and the other will have CCA then the number.  I bet it is 1550

Edited by tcj

Posted (edited)

Isn't there another brand of valve that is supposed to be better than the Curtis and rebuildable?    EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Isn't there another brand of valve that is supposed to be better than the Curtis and rebuildable?    EDMO

I believe SAF-AIR is the rebuildable drain valve.  EDMO