Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

IVO Prop adjustment

2 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Any of you have a rule of thumb for IVO prop adjustment with a 2 stroke (like 1 turn = 250 RPM or something like that)?

Very odd one here.  With no adjustment (i.e. neutral), I am just a touch low on static RPM (6050).  Cruise speed (vs RPM) and smoothness was great however.

To get my last little bit of static RPM I decided to decrease the pitch a touch, by rotating the adjuster 1/4 CCW (once the slop was taken up).  I got a slight bump in RPM (like 75, to 6125) however lost 5 MPH in cruise speed and engine water temps increased.  Also a bit rougher than before (vibration).  Almost like one or more of the blades didnt follow along with the others (but I could be wrong here).  Will check with a protractor on the next trip to the hanger.

Anyone run across this before?

Edited by LSaupe

Posted (edited)

If you flatten the pitch to increase static rpm it is logical that you would get less cruise speed.  Warp Drive advised me that using a 68" 3-blade with more pitch would probably give me about same takeoff and faster cruise than 72" prop and less pitch at the same static rpms.   It could be a blade out of track - Maybe you need to turn past where you want the pitch and then turn back to your 1/4 turn point?   As for the water temp, I donno much about 2-smokes.   EDMO

Edited by EDMO