Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

New Avid Amphibian/Catalina Project

3 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi. I'm Mark.  Ultralight Flight Instructor for 15 years.  Living an hours drive east of Toronto.  Just bought Avid Catalina Kit Serial Number 124A. I'm the third owner of the kit.  Looking forward to having a forum to ask lots of questions!  Just hung a Rotax Rick 670 on it with his custom exhaust.  The new head, should allow for a hp rating of about 97. Glad to have something more than the 65hp...and not add a ton of weight.

Attached is a photo album i've started.  Interested in hearing from as many Amphib flyers as possible.  I have chopped the droop tips off my wings and have already picked up the full lotus sponsons.....but looking for info on the rigging of the sponsons...angle of sponson....length of tubing etc. Also looking for a way to clean up the wing tips. Anyone have tip covers?

Cheers. Mark 905-376-4231

Photo Album Link

https://goo.gl/photos/BNTQSZzooNAH7tTVA

Posted

Welcome to the group. I can't help much with anything to do with the Catalina at all but you should find a couple guys on here that may be able to help. I'm jealous, I think having the amphib would be awesome.

Posted

Hey Mark, how is your catalina now?? Do you still need advice? I am the owner of the red catalina (in BC) and may have a few answers to some of your questions....

Cheeeers, Laurent 604 989 4805

P1020119.JPG

1 person likes this